Author Topic: Icons for the top bar  (Read 4743 times)

LCArt

Icons for the top bar
on: May 03, 2021, 12:49:31 AM
Could you add a symbol picker for the SF symbols? could help a lot of people that have no idea what sf symbols are or where to find em :(
Maybe when you tap the tool name, you are asked if you want to use text, a SF symbol or Emoji

lastaccess

Re: Icons for the top bar
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 07:17:10 AM
It needs developers time which can be spend on something more useful, imho.

Free sf symbols app:

https://apps.apple.com/ru/app/sf-symbols-browser/id1491161336?l=en

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 08:27:52 AM
Just type sf symbol name as top toolbar item title ;)

Ben

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 09:39:26 AM
I want an icon picker for the toolbar too, but not the standard icons because they make the toolbar look terrible. Instead of using system/app icons, there could be a decent selection of icons in the style of Artstudio's other icons. The developers can easily get a big collection of icons in the right style from stock/graphic design sites and don't even have to create the icons themselves, just put them into a selector for the toolbar. I really like the new customizable toolbar, but the wrong icon design and the text mess up the interface  :-\ SF Icons are okay but selecting them by going back and forth between the apps is obviously not ideal...

Edit: I just had an Idea, since you have support for the SF icons, you (art studio) or we (forum members) can make a list for SF icons that fit well to the functions and you (art studio) can make these icons the default name for each function, then the right icon will automatically be selected when someone adds it to the toolbar  8)
Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 10:13:30 AM by Jack Ofalltrades

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 12:06:03 PM
There are few hundred of available action, everybody needs something else…

I want an icon picker for the toolbar too, but not the standard icons because they make the toolbar look terrible. Instead of using system/app icons, there could be a decent selection of icons in the style of Artstudio's other icons. The developers can easily get a big collection of icons in the right style from stock/graphic design sites and don't even have to create the icons themselves, just put them into a selector for the toolbar. I really like the new customizable toolbar, but the wrong icon design and the text mess up the interface  :-\ SF Icons are okay but selecting them by going back and forth between the apps is obviously not ideal...

Edit: I just had an Idea, since you have support for the SF icons, you (art studio) or we (forum members) can make a list for SF icons that fit well to the functions and you (art studio) can make these icons the default name for each function, then the right icon will automatically be selected when someone adds it to the toolbar  8)

Ben

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 01:17:59 PM
But the Icons are not different for each user, they just need to fit the function, so when every user has do the work and find appropriate icons anyway, it can be compiled into a list and those can be the default icons for the functions. It does not have to be a complete list

Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:29:11 PM by Jack Ofalltrades

lastaccess

Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 05:28:54 PM
Everybody forget that everything needs time to be made. Everybody now can customize icons on their own as they want to with sf symbols. I’d prefer developers spend their time on quick shapes or reducing size of panels then these icon tweaks.

We can write our sf codes here.

I use:

viewfinder.circle for Transform
icloud.slash for Deselect
trash for Clear

Poponnu

Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 09:29:12 PM
nice update.
sf symbol app is really helpful too, thank you.

Ben

Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 04:25:23 AM
Everybody forget that everything needs time to be made. Everybody now can customize icons on their own as they want to with sf symbols. I’d prefer developers spend their time on quick shapes or reducing size of panels then these icon tweaks.

I use:

trash for Clear

That is why I proposed what you did there, making a list of icons that fit to the functions and the developers just need to make these names the default, which takes very little time, but would save a lot of users work to find icons themselves  ;)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 05:52:14 AM
Ok, you can type your proposition here, i will maybe use it in the app soon.

LCArt

Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 10:57:55 PM

I use:

trash for Clear

That is why I proposed what you did there, making a list of icons that fit to the functions and the developers just need to make these names the default, which takes very little time, but would save a lot of users work to find icons themselves  ;)

Yeh, thats why i suggested this, it helps people who is not super tech savy ... in my case i found an app and it has the names and copy paste function, so is easy to add, but would be nice having some "defaults"

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 06:11:59 AM
If somebody will prepare list of default SF Symbols, i will consider implementing that...

LCArt

Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 02:42:16 AM
If somebody will prepare list of default SF Symbols, i will consider implementing that...

how would u need the list to be like?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #13 on: May 28, 2021, 05:15:34 AM
You can send me that by email: [email protected].
Or put it here...

how would u need the list to be like?

LCArt

Reply #14 on: May 29, 2021, 06:58:24 PM
nono, i mean if i should follow some kind of convention for the list... be it json styled, option - icon, option - name of the icon, etc