Author Topic: Multiple references needed.  (Read 4772 times)

Dorothyfan1

Multiple references needed.
on: August 26, 2021, 10:59:34 AM
Artstudio Pro has a woefully inadequate color palette selection mechanism…making it impossible to really create seamless color palettes. Hence the need for multiple references instead of just one. Because of ASP’s limits in color palette design I’m forced to depend on Procreate to create the palettes and make screenshots of the palettes for importing into ASP. But unfortunately, if I import a screenshot of the color palette into ASP…I can no longer open a separate image for a reference because ASP only allows one image at a time. That’s why I hope the ASP developers (you are still out there reading any of this?) can lift the one image limit for images for importing into ASP. This would allow me to get around the poor palette creation limits of ASP and still let me import images for references.

Ben

Re: Multiple references needed.
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 11:37:25 AM
Why don’t you create a palette from the image directly in Artstudio pro?

Dorothyfan1

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 01:13:19 PM
Why don’t you create a palette from the image directly in Artstudio pro?

The problem is ASP doesn’t allow manually creating palettes from photos easily. I want to make them manually and ASP doesn’t let you do this. First you have to select the color. Then you have to add that color manually to the toolbar. It’s a two step process! So unless I’m mistaken you can’t simply select the color you want and ASP automatically populates the toolbar with the color swatch. No, you have to manually add that color swatch one by one to the toolbar. That’s ridiculously slow. In Procreate, you simply tap the area and the program automatically populates the toolbar with the color swatch. It also allows you to select the color and drag it to the toolbar and manually place the swatch whereever you want it. You can’t do either method in ASP.

Ben

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 01:40:10 PM
Activate the eye dropper tool and You can select the color you want and tap on the small plus icon on the bottom of the left toolbar to quickly add colors to the swatch. That’s 2 clicks just like in procreate and super easy/ fast, I create a big palette from a photo within a minute. Rearranging the colors is also possible by dragging them where you need them. And making palettes from photos automatically also works in ASP with more control than in procreate, I don’t know why you say it’s ridiculously slow, it works very well

Dorothyfan1

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 03:56:34 PM
Activate the eye dropper tool and You can select the color you want and tap on the small plus icon on the bottom of the left toolbar to quickly add colors to the swatch. That’s 2 clicks just like in procreate and super easy/ fast, I create a big palette from a photo within a minute. Rearranging the colors is also possible by dragging them where you need them. And making palettes from photos automatically also works in ASP with more control than in procreate, I don’t know why you say it’s ridiculously slow, it works very well

I just discovered a new bug…and I was doing it after testing your description of how this works in ASP. Apparently you cannot reliably delete palettes after you create them. I found out that after I created a dummy palette that ASP refuses to delete the palette…UNTIL you close and then reopen ASP. Then you can delete the palette. This needs a fix. But I’m wondering if any of ASP’s developers are hearing any of this because we’re not getting any responses from them on the board. I don’t know what’s going on but there are bugs accumulating and being mentioned on the board that are not being picked up by the developers because they should at least be able to acknowledge what we’re noticing.

Ben

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 04:27:52 PM

... But I’m wondering if any of ASP’s developers are hearing any of this because we’re not getting any responses from them on the board. I don’t know what’s going on but there are bugs accumulating and being mentioned on the board that are not being picked up by the developers because they should at least be able to acknowledge what we’re noticing.

You are wondering about that in a lot of your posts. The last update with multiple bug fixes was just a few days ago, no need to worry

lastaccess

Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 06:25:50 AM

I just discovered a new bug…and I was doing it after testing your description of how this works in ASP. Apparently you cannot reliably delete palettes after you create them. I found out that after I created a dummy palette that ASP refuses to delete the palette…UNTIL you close and then reopen ASP. Then you can delete the palette. This needs a fix. But I’m wondering if any of ASP’s developers are hearing any of this because we’re not getting any responses from them on the board. I don’t know what’s going on but there are bugs accumulating and being mentioned on the board that are not being picked up by the developers because they should at least be able to acknowledge what we’re noticing.

There are a lot of bugs in Procreate. Some of them is several years already. Procreate’s developers answer to users that they are aware of them, but bugs are still not fixed. Comparing to that, ASP developers are very responsive.

Dorothyfan1

Reply #7 on: August 27, 2021, 07:45:04 AM
Thiis Procreate 5.2 release must be a massive one because it was announced 5 MONTHS ago. And we still haven’t heard when it’s coming out. Talk about hyping a point release update.

Ben

Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 07:52:30 AM
Thiis Procreate 5.2 release must be a massive one because it was announced 5 MONTHS ago. And we still haven’t heard when it’s coming out. Talk about hyping a point release update.

They always do it like that

There are a lot of bugs in Procreate. Some of them is several years already. Procreate’s developers answer to users that they are aware of them, but bugs are still not fixed. Comparing to that, ASP developers are very responsive.

That’s one of the main reasons I ditched procreate and moved to ASP
Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:28:44 AM by Jack Ofalltrades

Dorothyfan1

Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 09:32:49 AM

I wonder if this release will let us keep the layer panel open while working on the canvas. They finally allowed this with the color panel…but still nothing on the layer palette.

Bbolger

Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 06:58:26 AM

That’s one of the main reasons I ditched procreate and moved to ASP

Indeed. But it is even worse that they are trying to sell some bugs as features… smh
ASP devs are really one of the best teams on iPadOS