Author Topic: Corrupt Files That Crash Upon Opening ...  (Read 581 times)

samnjoe

Corrupt Files That Crash Upon Opening ...
on: March 12, 2021, 12:35:55 PM
Using IOS 14.4 on iPad Pro (2020). ArtStudio is up-to-date, as well.
———
Is there any hope for recovering files that *crash* when I'm trying to open them? This keeps happening to me. Too often. Yes, I constantly save my files while working, but this has no Impact. When the file crashes, any “saves” become irrelevant, because I can't open the file. I've tried copying and creating a new file ... nope. Nada. Then I have TWO corrupt files.

It’s immeasurably frustrating because 4+ hours of work is typically lost. This has happened to me twice in the last 16 hours; and that's a LOT of lost work.

Any app can have problems that need fixing and updating. But. I REALLY need to ask for a known or stated recovery process. It would sure be put to good use in my own hands.

As an aside, I’ll share this. When Procreate, Infinity Designer and InspirePro were each released, I purchased them. However, I've never bothered to learn any of them, because I have always been completely smitten with ArtStudio.  :-*

Unfortunately, I'm developing serious trust issues. In spite of my preference for (and historical loyalty to!) ArtStudio Pro, today I’ve started tackling learning the other three mentioned above. I’m hoping to discover and experience safer stability - and less frustration - if indeed there is no solution.

Yes, my files are very large. Is there a stated or known ceiling size for ArtStudio? A point of no return? Any help? Ideas? Suggestions?

Any hope? I’m very sad to be considering moving from ArtStudio to another app.

barel

Re: Corrupt Files That Crash Upon Opening ...
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 05:10:13 PM
If your files are very large, you might just not have enough storage available to open them.
Have you tried freeing up space and restarting the ipad? I had that happen a couple of times with very big files, works fine afterwards

Endoraniendo

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 04:49:14 AM
I store everything in iCloud. iCloud have a backup function so that you can restore files. I can't remember if we can restore files like in Timemachine. 

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 11:30:01 AM
The most safe way is using iCloud. If you use iCloud is Artstudio, you will be able to revert to any previous Save, just go to Gallery, tap Edit, choose a document and tap "Revert" icon in the top toolbar. So even if something goes wrong, you lose only few minutes of work.

Save is implemented in Artstudio in a "safe" way - it first saves everything in a temp package, then move the whole packed to destination.
If I know how to reproduce the issue i would fix it immediately...