Author Topic: Huion support  (Read 18176 times)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Huion support
Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 02:46:29 AM
Version 2.1.9 is available now! Please test if your Huion Kamvas is working fine now.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #31 on: April 04, 2019, 12:40:07 PM
Haven't received an update yet from the App Store. When I do, I will let you know. 
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #32 on: April 04, 2019, 01:52:30 PM
Just go to Updates in App Store apps, and refresh the list.
Or find Artstudio Pro and tap Update.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #33 on: April 04, 2019, 03:45:53 PM
Ok, I installed Version 2.1.9 after following your directions and reloading the update page in the App Store.
So far, everything seems to work fine. I will give this version a try on a drawing I've been working on (I saved in Artstudio format).
My scroll bar on the top of my tablet still only scrolls out (-) and not in (+). I have to use the command+ and command- keys for that.
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #34 on: April 05, 2019, 03:42:24 AM
I reproduced and fixed problem with Zoom In - i had to change shortcut from Cmd= to Cmd+. New update will be available soon

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #35 on: April 05, 2019, 08:48:38 AM
Thank you for that fix. I have been having problems (freezes) with the drawing/painting I am working on. Maybe it is because of the size of the file. In Artstudio format it is 93 MB. The problems happen in the layer panel when I deleted a layer and selected other layers.
Anyway, I will try again some today.
Thanks again for all of the help you are giving.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #36 on: April 05, 2019, 04:51:01 PM
First, I tried opening File>Recent>my drawing and I got the same problem of a small square with my drawing in it (as before).
Then I just went to open and opened the Artstudio file that way. I worked on my drawing and everything seemed to be going good and then the layers started acting up. Some would disappear and then re-appear. This went on for a couple of minutes and I got to a place where I could save the drawing and exit/quit Artstudio Pro.
Scary. I thought I had lost parts of my drawing. The layer area has something going on that is causing layers to appear, disappear and looks like, move into Group layer. When the Group layer would be selected, the layers would all appear again.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 10:18:50 AM
File>Open Recent seems to be a problem every time I try to use it. (Same as above) Plus, cannot close the picture from the picture icon (X) on the top Left of UI. Had to quit ASP and reopen picture using the File>Open.
For some reason, the opacity on the Bucket Fills changes back to 30% from 100% every so often.
I remove the "Group Layers" and the layers panel seem to work ok. I then added the "Group Layer" from ASP. I wanted to see if there may have been a difference and it appears to be. It may have been a problem with other program Folders instead of Group command.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #38 on: April 08, 2019, 06:38:36 AM
I cannot reproduce problems you described. If possible please record that on video.
I suppose it may happen after pressing some buttons on Huion tablet.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 10:21:26 AM
As luck has it, I just finished the painting. See "Show Your Work>Old Logs and Eagle" in this forum.
As I work on new projects/paintings, I will let you know how things go.
Thanks again for all of your help and work.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #40 on: April 11, 2019, 12:54:39 PM
Thanks for the new update that fixes the Huion Zoom. Everything seems to be working better except I had a freeze up again because of the Layer panel. I add a layer and then tried a bucket fill (layer was above the Reference Layer), I tried to undo and move the layer under the Reference Layer (for better results). Everything froze. I could still quit ASP from the menu.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #41 on: April 11, 2019, 01:30:00 PM
Can you repeat that every time?
If yes, please record that using a smartphone and send me a video.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #42 on: April 11, 2019, 01:48:38 PM
I tried repeating and everything worked great. I worked in electronics in the Navy and we would every once in a while have an intermittent problem in our electronics gear. The hardest thing in the world to troubleshoot. So I can imagine this is one of those problems.
I'll just keep plugin along and see what happens and keep a log of any other instances of this problem.

Oh, and thanks for the Reference Layer. I love it!

carlosan

Reply #43 on: September 02, 2020, 03:37:45 AM
Two of my kids have the XP-PEN Artist12 art tablet . They need a computer to work, but are like a screen monitor. Having tried the other non-screen ones previously these are much better, and they are producing some impressive art. it works well with ArtStudio Pro software on Mac OS .