Author Topic: Wet paint + layers (iOS)  (Read 4053 times)

estux

Wet paint + layers (iOS)
on: July 15, 2018, 04:11:53 PM
Hi,

in Photoshop the mixer brush (wet paint) has a “sample all layers” option so the wet brush can pick color from the layers behind the current layer. I can not find this option in Artstudio Pro, does the app support this feature? At least it should work like the smudge tool in a transparent layer.

I have moved today from Procreate because the limit on the number of layers, having unlimited layers is really great, but I need this feature to keep using my workflow.
Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:48:02 PM by estux

estux

Re: Wet paint + layers (iOS)
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 03:52:54 PM
As a suggestion I think it should be great to have a setting to make the wet paint tool to blend its color with the transparency in a transparent layer.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 04:30:58 PM
Sampling all layers option needs a lot of work, and it is already on the todo. So it will be probably not added this year.

estux

Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 05:07:52 PM
And what about blending the transparency?

I would like to have a wet brush that behaves as a smudge when it unloads the color, this is how the wet paint (if configured properly) works in a layer with background but the behaviour is totally different in a new transparent layer.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 05:04:55 AM
Current Wet Paint algorithm does not support blending with transparency. You can use Smudge tool to do it.

estux

Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 05:26:35 AM
Do you have plans to modify the wet paint altorithm to support blending with transparency?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 06:20:16 AM
Not soon. It would change current feeling of Wet Paint, many users will not be happy.