Author Topic: Impasto?  (Read 3015 times)

GlennNorfolk

Impasto?
on: July 06, 2018, 09:24:35 AM
I’m sure you have plenty on your plate with preparing 1.4, but a suggestion/request for the future perhaps…

At the moment, the only way (that I’ve found, anyway) to create some sort of impasto effect is adjusting and applying the Emboss filter to a Layer.
Would it be possible to have a Brush setting for the user to create a similar, by stroke, effect?

If so, I think an improvement to the current Emboss Filter options would be…
a. To have Shadow Colour option to include Current Brush Stroke Colour. (At the moment, only black would suit all (varying colour) Layer Content - which can often look alien).
b. To have the Blend Mode apply to the Shadow and Highlight separately. (This way, same colour with Multiply (or at other times, Luminosity) as Shadow Blend Mode I think could be very realistic)?

(Incidentally, it seems to me (could be mistaken) that there is no difference between existing Emboss filter’s Luminosity and Normal Blend Modes)?

I attach an .asp showing a crude experiment to get Impasto effect using a layer’s Emboss Filter.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Impasto?
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 05:38:52 PM
It is a nice idea, i really like it. Added to our todo.

GlennNorfolk

Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 12:45:38 PM
Really good to hear.

I hope you don’t get bored with people saying how much they like your App, and how much they appreciate your frequent adjustments and improvements - as well as your genuine response to what users think.
Very refreshing I think.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 04:28:06 PM
Thanks.