Author Topic: Lasso Problem  (Read 3515 times)

JarekM

Lasso Problem
on: August 22, 2021, 01:00:33 AM
Recently lasso tool started to behave weird, it looks like I can't make hard corners coz the selection is kinda post smoothing it. In short even if draw hard corner after it's turned into selection it became rounded it, turn square into circle. I've got smoothing disabled, even if I turn it on it behave same whenever it's 1 or 50.

Andreas Raninger

Re: Lasso Problem
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 07:36:31 AM
Hi!
Are you on the latest version? I think they fixed this in one of the latest updates.

JarekM

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 09:38:26 PM
I'm using Lasso basically all the time, I noticed this yesterday morning then I update ASP to the newest version and have the same lasso behavior on both versions even though the old version works fine until two days ago.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 01:02:53 AM
Strange. I can't reproduce it over here.
It's very disturbing as an artist when one of the main tools go south.
Someone else who have any idea of what is happening here or experience the same behavior?

Pikachu

Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 08:06:15 PM
I noticed this as well, it's a bit strange because it doesn't happen all the time but I managed to replicate it. I hope it gets fixed!
I'm on the newest version.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 03:58:02 AM
Super!
I guess they are already on it, as usual.  :)

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 11:01:51 PM
I noticed this a while ago and wrote this thread. It has to do with the smoothing setting that was added a while ago. They were able to improve it but there is still a minor issue I think. https://www.luckyclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2567.msg6760#msg6760

JarekM

Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 10:13:58 PM
I just update to the newest version still got the same bug.

Here, the problem seems to be very light versions of what happening to me, if I select square shape with lasso tool I got full circle/ellipsis not only rounded corners.

I noticed this a while ago and wrote this thread. It has to do with the smoothing setting that was added a while ago. They were able to improve it but there is still a minor issue I think. https://www.luckyclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2567.msg6760#msg6760

Pikachu

Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 11:42:59 PM
yeah, it's still there

Dorothyfan1

Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 09:49:26 AM
You know, it would be immensely helpful to actually hear from the developers here who can explain or tell us what’s going on and why this still hasn’t been fixed yet? It doesn’t help the cause if they’re not here answering our questions.

Ben

Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 02:56:05 PM
You know, it would be immensely helpful to actually hear from the developers here who can explain or tell us what’s going on and why this still hasn’t been fixed yet? It doesn’t help the cause if they’re not here answering our questions.

You know what doesn’t help at all? You posting the same thing over and over and over… Stop it already, the developers will be back when they are back  :-X