Author Topic: Collapsible Palettes  (Read 7001 times)

GlennNorfolk

Collapsible Palettes
on: September 17, 2019, 11:03:42 AM
A Request.

So many things new, or different, in 2.3, I feel guilty suggesting something else…

Sideways collapsible Palettes. I hate to suggest pinching from them, but Infinite Painter does this so well…. (And maybe the sharing of ideas is how everyone develops).

Sideways-collapsible Layers Palette: (Optionally) always visible: Full width, Partial, Minimal - each easily accessible, switchable, and fully hidden if required.

And the same with the Brushes Palette, where editing can be done in either full width, or compact. And, again, having the Brush Editor optionally left visible and, importantly, still active while trying on the canvas different changes being made, is invaluable.

While on the subject of Brushes... I just can’t understand why edits should be discarded when changing brushes. Retain edits until a ‘Reset’ button is pressed: that seems logical (and something other Apps have, belatedly, realised!)
I know a brush can be duplicated, and changes made to that, but - if in a Default Group - a new Group is added, confusingly full of the same brushes as the original; plus, unless the name of any edited version is changed at the right time, they can appear as identical copies.

I do have other comments I’d like to make, but will post separately. Don’t want to jumble things together.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Collapsible Palettes
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 05:05:24 PM
Brush editor will be redesigned soon.
We are considering floating panels for some views, like color editor, brush editor, layers etc.

RajeshGaneshG

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 12:53:38 PM
@GlennNorfolk: Regarding the brushes settings edits save, Lucky Clan has said "To save changes you have to tap "+" icon in top toolbar and choose "Overwrite". It will be improved in the next major update."

postdes

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 09:46:48 AM
I agree 100%. I would love to have a color wheel open all the time, in a window like the reference window. The same holds true for the brushes and the layers menu. I know this would make the drawing space smaller, but drawing would be much more efficient to not have to open and close menus again. Being able to drag these palettes to a convenient place on the screen, which for me as a right hander would be the left hand side of the screen, would increase efficiency.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 09:03:59 AM
Floating Colors panel is almost ready ;)

Gordeyev

Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 07:36:21 AM
@Lucky Clan: This looks really nice. Is it possible to  make options for circle, triangle or square inner shape? I prefer square type, and it kind of confusing to use circular, and as far as I know some people do really like triangle one. Also it would be really nice to have lock luminosity option, like in coolorus plugin for photoshop.

Rokka

• Professional Artist
    • Portfolio
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 04:16:48 PM
This all sounds and looks so good!

LCArt

Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 09:48:11 PM
@Lucky Clan: This looks really nice. Is it possible to  make options for circle, triangle or square inner shape? I prefer square type, and it kind of confusing to use circular, and as far as I know some people do really like triangle one. Also it would be really nice to have lock luminosity option, like in coolorus plugin for photoshop.
+1 for shapes, i usually prefer triangle color picker D:

Artimyth

Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 02:48:22 AM
Floating Colors panel is almost ready ;)
It's so cool!When will we see this?

Husketch

Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 07:11:40 AM
Looks great! :)
Can there be an option for a regular square mode too please?
Also RGB/HSB sliders would be fantastic
Thanks you!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 03:51:11 PM
There will be few modes: circle-in-circle, square-in-circle, classic square, sliders snd swatches

postdes

Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 03:57:21 PM
Would you consider adding HSV color mode: I prever it over HSB as the value remain the same when you change the hue or saturation, which I find very helpful.