Author Topic: Best painting app on ipad,yet there’s room for improvement(mostly UI)  (Read 3206 times)

Amirreza

I’m using art studio pro about a year and half now, since then i barely touched photoshop
Here are some feature suggestions from an ex-photoshop user to make art studio even better than what it is now
Please:
-add feature for categorizing layers and groups by color(red,blue,green etc.)
-put layer masks next to the parent layer instead of above(that’d be more organized and easier to manage)
-add actual color for color sliders in adjustment panels(hue/saturation, color balance etc.)
-add option to resize different panels(color,layers,brushes etc.) it’d make the screen more efficient
-add more symmetry options and settings
-add more options and setting for the Text Tool
-add vector tools such as pen tool and shape tool
-add repeat paste option(like ctrl+alt+shift+t in photoshop)
-add an option to apply previous/last adjustment changes from a layer to another layer(like ctrl+ALT+U/B/M/L in photoshop)
-and lastly add an option for trimming empty pixels when exporting layers to PNG
Thank you lucky clan team for this awesome app!  :)

LCArt

I’m using art studio pro about a year and half now, since then i barely touched photoshop
Here are some feature suggestions from an ex-photoshop user to make art studio even better than what it is now
Please:
-add feature for categorizing layers and groups by color(red,blue,green etc.)
-put layer masks next to the parent layer instead of above(that’d be more organized and easier to manage)
-add actual color for color sliders in adjustment panels(hue/saturation, color balance etc.)
-add option to resize different panels(color,layers,brushes etc.) it’d make the screen more efficient
-add more symmetry options and settings
-add more options and setting for the Text Tool
-add vector tools such as pen tool and shape tool
-add repeat paste option(like ctrl+alt+shift+t in photoshop)
-add an option to apply previous/last adjustment changes from a layer to another layer(like ctrl+ALT+U/B/M/L in photoshop)
-and lastly add an option for trimming empty pixels when exporting layers to PNG
Thank you lucky clan team for this awesome app!  :)

- The color categorizing is coming, in theory the dev said soon, but not sure how soon. It's really useful so i really hope maybe next big update
- The panel resizing... yah, wish they were more like in paintstorm >.<
- The trimming seems useful, maybe adding a padding option for it

Husketch

Nice suggestions! All would be a great workflow improvement

Also would be nice if you could :

- Double tap the panel header collapses the panel (keeps just the top title part) temporarily. Double tap again to open again.

-Have an option in preferences to resize all floating panels to 75%

Those would be awesome
 :)

alfanders

I learn so much new photoshop shortcuts here, thanks! ✨