Author Topic: Suggestions for References Panel Options  (Read 1681 times)

zeatehk01

Suggestions for References Panel Options
on: February 06, 2023, 04:37:18 PM
Hi! I use this app for all my drawings now a-days, and I have some ideas for the reference panel.

As fine as it is, it could be wonderful to toggle the option to make the panel background invisible, so you can see the canvas underneath the zoomed out photo.

Also, another option that could be added is to lock the rotation of the image, so that zooming in doesn't lead to making it unaligned.

Adding onto the prior suggestions would be the addition to either open multiple images into one panel, or opening multiple reference panels to have different references at once.

Thanks to anybody who reads this!

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Re: Suggestions for References Panel Options
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 10:26:16 PM
Nice ideas, it would be really handy to be able to open any amount of reference panels you like!

Dorothyfan1

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 03:24:24 AM
Clip Studio Paint already has this feature…unlimited references. The only thing I wish they did was allow you to scroll through them like in carousel mode like the iPhone.

artofbob

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 10:59:52 AM
Any idea how to have reference images open in the desktop version?

I wish I could at least open two documents side by side.

Bob

BoroseMedia

• Graphic Designer, Illustrator, & Writer.
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 08:43:31 PM
Clip Studio Paint already has this feature…unlimited references. The only thing I wish they did was allow you to scroll through them like in carousel mode like the iPhone.

I’d love to see this option in ASP. Infinite Painter also does this pretty well. They have an option to add multiple images at once and you can hide, resize, and position them individually in whatever way you like. They also plan to add a way to lower reference image opacity so you can “trace” them.
Artstudio Pro convert. Currently working on my upcoming graphic novel and webcomic.

Starting an Art Insta and a YouTube channel. My handle is @borosemedia.

Cantisani

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 05:23:37 AM
Good ideas, I support these additions  ;D