Author Topic: Natural pigment color mixing - BETA  (Read 13153 times)

SamNArt

Re: Natural pigment color mixing - BETA
Reply #30 on: February 04, 2023, 06:00:25 PM
I think having the pigment mode as a Layer blending mode is actually brilliant and very useful. You can mix colors naturally WHILE having multiple layers. I think it's very convenient. Thanks!

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #31 on: February 04, 2023, 07:27:16 PM
Pigment is one of the layer blendings, so you cannot use it together with other layer blendings.

I think you meant to allow to use pigment tool blending with for example Color Dodge layer blending. Indeed, it is not possible now. We will consider to bring back Pigment blending to the list of tool blending modes…

Wait, I just realized that with the update, the option to add pigment blending to specific brushes was removed entirely?

That means now with the way it is set up, it’s not even possible to use the pigment option together with other layer blending modes, like color dodge/multiply/etc. and you have to turn it on for each layer individually… that makes no sense imo.

I agree that having just one button to turn it on is a good idea, but it should still be possible to then use other layer blending modes, multiple layers etc., together with the pigment option. Is there no way to make it globally that colors just behave like this, while keeping all other functionalities the same? Like Bob said, that it just “does it” when turning it on. I think a “global button” should then also be within the settings and not inside the layers panel.

Yes, that’s what I meant, that was one of the things I was most excited by, as it allows for very nice color variations while using benefits of other layer blending modes too. So it would make sense to bring it back as a tool blending mode, also so one could just use it with specific brushes/smudges only

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #32 on: February 05, 2023, 07:15:34 AM
Please test new beta, it is now possible to just pick "Pigment" blending mode in Layers panel or in Tool panel.
But the most simple way is still just tapping "Pigment" button in Layers panel which turns on Pigment blending mode for both tool and layer.

LCArt

Reply #33 on: February 05, 2023, 12:05:51 PM
Please test new beta, it is now possible to just pick "Pigment" blending mode in Layers panel or in Tool panel.
But the most simple way is still just tapping "Pigment" button in Layers panel which turns on Pigment blending mode for both tool and layer.
The bug i reported and sent a video about is still happening in the newest beta, is extremely easy to reproduce

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #34 on: February 05, 2023, 12:47:08 PM
Yes, it will be fixed in the next beta

The bug i reported and sent a video about is still happening in the newest beta, is extremely easy to reproduce

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #35 on: February 05, 2023, 01:36:18 PM

Yes, thank you! It’s great now, for all different situations! 😊

LCArt

Reply #36 on: February 05, 2023, 11:27:33 PM

Yes, it will be fixed in the next beta

LCArt

Reply #37 on: February 06, 2023, 01:28:40 PM
just updated and the bug is gone.  ;)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #38 on: February 06, 2023, 01:38:01 PM
Ok, thanks for feedback

just updated and the bug is gone.  ;)

artofbob

Reply #39 on: February 14, 2023, 08:41:37 PM
Plating around with the desktop version, the pigment mixing works great!

The one thing I noticed, is it takes a very light touch to get the mixing to work. If you press just a little too hard, it doesn't really mix.

I'm sure I'm being picky, though.

Bob

PhoenixDragoon

Reply #40 on: March 06, 2023, 05:53:26 PM
Would it be possible to add a button to always have Pigment mode ON in the preferences menu? Having to turn it on each time from the layers menu can get tiresome.

Love the app by the way!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #41 on: March 07, 2023, 04:24:35 PM
I think it is not needed because if you create a new layer it will copy Pigment button state from the active layer

PhoenixDragoon

Reply #42 on: March 07, 2023, 11:41:52 PM
I think it is not needed because if you create a new layer it will copy Pigment button state from the active layer

Yeah, but I don't want to activate it on my 400+ files I use to study each time from the layer option xD i want it on all the time. It's like the light interface, I never change it. So having the option imo would be neat. But it's not the end of the world if it's not implemented.

Cheers!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #43 on: March 08, 2023, 05:23:27 AM
Sorry, we will rather not do it.

Cris

Reply #44 on: March 09, 2023, 06:18:41 PM
Hi ! I'm adding this here instead of starting a new thread.  :)
First and foremost, the pigment color mixing is amazing. I had been waiting years for a good implementation of a realistic color mixing in digital. You guys nail it.
Now to the request :)
Can we have the option of the pigment button in que Quick Menu?
Idealy there will be 2 options. The brush pigment button and the one in the layers panel.
Oki-doki.
That’s it.
Thanks for reading and for making ArtStudio :)
Cheers !