I'm so happy to finally test the new beta! It's amazing so far!
Here are a few things and bugs I've noticed so far:General bugs:
1) When importing an image into the reference view while a Bluetooth controller (8bitdo zero 2) is connected, it somehow disconnects it until the app restarted. (This is an issue outside of the beta too, with the version currently available on the AppStore)
2) When trying to open an existing file that has “missing fonts” (fonts that are not currently imported into ASP already) it doesn’t open the document at all and gets stuck in an endless loading cycle until the app is restarted.
3) Same files generally seems to have longer loading times to open them, than in the current AppStore version.Pigment Bugs:
I’ve used the standard "hard dyn opacity round"
as brush tool and "light smudge"
as smudge tool for testing the pigment options:
4) I can't seem to get the pigment option with the "layer blending mode" option to work at all. It behaves like a normal layer.
one bug i found so far, looks like using "current and below" with pigment brushes makes the canvas flash
Can’t seem to replicate that one eitherSuggestions:
5) Could there be a way to globally enable the pigment option inside the settings, instead of each brush/layer individually ? Similarly to how it was recently implemented to automatically have the "opacity slider" set as default for each brush, an automatic global "pigment option" would be very nice too (I think most people will probably use it for all their brushes anyway). I also use brushes mainly out of the "favorites" panel and right now, you have to manually turn the pigment option on again every time you switch the brush or tool. (Unless I manually re-save each brush/tool with the pigment option, which will take a lot of time).
6) Nothing to do with the new Pigments. But maybe now could be a good time to also introduce a way to let users choose a fully custom accent color for the UI? This has been suggested in the past a few times, but I think it would be great to be able to choose your own accent color in addition to one of the few that can be selected right now. Either via a color wheel or even just with a hex code. Just wanted to bring this up again, since it’s all about colors now!
I'm also very happy to see that the pigment option works together with other layer blending modes like "color dodge" or “multiply”. And that exporting into other programs/formats doesn't seems to mess with the colors. This is such a huge game changer over all!
I'm testing on the 2021/ 12.9 iPad Pro / M1 / 512GB.
3240x4050px canvas, 50%grey background, sRGB color mode
Thanks for the great work Lucky Clan!