Author Topic: Suggestion : Search Bar for Quick Menu and Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 3923 times)

alfanders

Hi, I have a suggestion regarding usage for Quick Menu setup and Keyboard Shortcut ✨

Currently, if you want to set a new button on Quick Menu, or set up a Keyboard Shortcut, you are greeted with a long list of options that lists all the features of the program. The features would be placed in each category and sorted alphabetically. While this works if you want to browse what's the available features of the app, it is rather tricky to find a certain feature, especially if you are not sure in which category the feature belongs.

I'm thinking that the addition of search functionality would help with this. Since this would lessen the effort in looking for a certain feature, it would also encourage more customization from the user, which would be nice since Artstudio Pro is already brilliantly packed with lots of customization options. ✨

Also, I made a little mockup on how I imagine the search function might look like.
https://youtu.be/VQSDxtEc7kY

I am aware this might be rather tricky to implement, and I do think this would be worth the effort given how vast Artstudio Pro's customization options. Please let me know what you think!
Thank You!! ✨✨

alfanders

Ah my apologies I forgot, I'd love to also ask for this to be implemented when searching for tools for the topside toolbar as well if you don't mind 💦. Basically wherever all possible functions were listed ✨✨

Thank youu ✨✨
Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 09:43:49 AM by alfanders

LCArt

+10000000000000000000000000000 to this

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Yes! Been hoping lucky clan is able to find time for this. Lovely mock ups too!

alfanders

+10000000000000000000000000000 to this

yassss ✨✨

Yes! Been hoping lucky clan is able to find time for this. Lovely mock ups too!

Thank you for your kind words, that makes me feel appreciated for my effort in doing the mockups 🤧✨
And I do agree with you! This would be a lovely feature to have 💖✨
Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 03:08:06 AM by alfanders

Michele_Ianniello

Yeah I'd like this as well!

Actually I asked something similar some months ago in this post: https://www.luckyclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2809.msg7545#msg7545

LuckyClan said that they won't improve that, at the time of the post at least, maybe it could be different now :)

alfanders

Yeah I'd like this as well!

Actually I asked something similar some months ago in this post: https://www.luckyclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2809.msg7545#msg7545

LuckyClan said that they won't improve that, at the time of the post at least, maybe it could be different now :)

I believe from reading the reply back then, Lucky Clan's current understanding is that, Quick Menu is something you set up once, and then forget about. So it'd make sense to spend some extra time setting it up at first.

I think the misconception here comes because apparently, most of the users tweak the Quick Menu constantly since it evolves with the workflow. I was quite unsure before whether I'm the only one tweaking the panel and toolbar all the time as my process evolves. Apparently, this has been brought up before. I think now that we know there are more users that actually tweak it quite frequently, this might be a good consideration for Lucky Clan to consider implementing this feature. ✨

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
I find myself editing it quite a lot!

artstudio

+1 to drag and drop shortcuts feature and search too. The quick menu list is so long that search option seems necessary.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
I understand, however i bet you delete/add a single item from time to time. I put  "Search" on the todo, but it has to wait...

alfanders

Re: Suggestion : Search Bar for Quick Menu and Keyboard Shortcuts
Reply #10 on: April 29, 2022, 07:31:56 AM
I understand, however i bet you delete/add a single item from time to time. I put  "Search" on the todo, but it has to wait...

Thank you for your consideration! 💖✨