Author Topic: Eyedropper bug?  (Read 6873 times)

athebyne

Eyedropper bug?
on: March 03, 2022, 08:14:47 AM
Hi! I have a problem with the eyedropper option "current and below". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and it's notorious and really annoying. This IS NOT fault of the file - it occurs in every file I create. Eyedropper only uses the layers below and not the current one (which should be current AND below...?). I usually switch layers or "sample" in the options and it works again (not always...), but it really slows down my workflow (I used this option in Photoshop all the time and never had a problem). Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have this problem as well? Or maybe knows a solution for it? I have work to do and now I'm just struggling with the settings, please help :( I attached a video of the problem.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Eyedropper bug?
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 08:26:58 AM
Is it problem with picked color or with the "inside circle" preview?

athebyne

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 10:24:26 AM
Both. The wrong color shows up in the preview circle and that's the color it picks up too.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 05:17:59 AM
I cannot reproduce that. Could you prepare a simple document and video showing the issue?

athebyne

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 06:22:31 AM
Okay, here it is

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 07:04:52 AM
I still cannot reproduce the bug. Could you write what were you doing before it started happening?

athebyne

Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 09:08:24 AM
Well, I'm not sure... This has been happening since I freshly installed the app after the iPad (I'm using an iPad Pro 2020 12.9") reset, right from the beginning of using the app. I think since the 4.0 update...?

I backed up the brushes and reinstalled the app and.... still doesn't work. All I did was change the settings and upload the brushes. I am attaching the videos. I don't do anything specific before the error occurs, I just open the document, draw and there it is. Literally. I use iCloud storage. I guess eyedropper sometimes doesn't seem to update the changes on the layer in real time (only in "current and below", for me at least). But I have no idea why or what specifically causes it...

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 09:26:22 AM
It works fine on my iPad, i was trying to reproduce it for 1 hour...

Could you send me the document you are working on now?
Could you also record a video showing all steps, from app launch, create new document, layers etc, to the moment when the bug appears?

athebyne

Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 10:06:09 AM
Sure. This is the file I made and a video of creating a new document with the bug.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 03:18:02 PM
Everything looks good on the latest video.

athebyne

Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 03:37:56 PM
Starting at 1:10 - the eyedropper catches the darker color that was there a while ago, but it's no longer here because I painted it over on the new layer. Is this the way it should be? The sampling mode is on "current and below" so if I'm on the top layer it should work as sampling "all". It's like eyedropper can't see the layer I'm on and samples the layers underneath.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 04:40:52 AM
In the latest video (New Project.mp4),  I noticed something strange happened at exactly at 01:09. You made a stroke, then it disappeared, then appeared again. Did you undo/redo? Or maybe it was a palm rejection?

Could you record similar video, but please turn on Artstudio > Preferences > Interface > Visualize Touches > Enabled

athebyne

Reply #12 on: March 08, 2022, 05:00:15 AM
I didn't undo anything. It was probably some compression artifact (I edited the file online to make it smaller otherwise it wouldn't be able to be uploaded here) because there is no such error in the uncompressed version. I'm uploading the original trimmed version.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #13 on: March 08, 2022, 05:04:31 AM
PLease tell me what Drawing Mode (in Tool options panel) do you use - Freehand or Autoshape?

athebyne

Reply #14 on: March 08, 2022, 05:08:22 AM
Currently freehand but I just changed to autoshape and the bug also occurs.