Author Topic: How to draw a filled dot?  (Read 3326 times)

Dorothyfan1

How to draw a filled dot?
on: August 25, 2021, 05:55:52 PM
Here’s something I can’t find information on…how to create a simple filled dot that you can place on the canvas. When you do 2 or three point perspectives…you normally have to put dots that signal the vanishing points on that page and then draw the lines leading to the vanishing points. ASP doesn’t have a way of creating these “dots” that you can place on the page. I have to “draw” the dot on the page which shouldn’t be necessary. You should be able to simply tap the screen with your Apple Pencil to create a simple filled “dot” mark. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

Ben

Re: How to draw a filled dot?
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 05:35:10 AM
You mean using something like the Basic Round brush and tapping on the screen to get a stamp? That works already by default, pick the first build in brush in the „basic“ folder and You will see it works. Some brushes have a lot of pressure sensitivityand the stamp is invisible, you can fix that by decreasing sensitivity on the lower curve or increasing minimum flow/opacity in the brush settings.
Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:59:24 AM by Jack Ofalltrades

Dorothyfan1

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 10:26:46 AM
Thanks for the information. I found a 3D brush I created that apparently fills the need. I just tap the area and a dot appears when I need one. No need to “paint” the area for it to appear.

Ben

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 10:58:32 AM
The build in brush „hard static round“ is stamping a perfect circle with full opacity by tapping, but as I said, every brush does that by default, you just sometimes don’t see it with low pressure sensitivity and minimum opacity/flow at 0%