Author Topic: Saving Favorites Toolbar settings  (Read 2317 times)

Dorothyfan1

Saving Favorites Toolbar settings
on: August 11, 2021, 06:46:15 AM
Just a quick note to Lucky Clan. Please allow us to save the Favorites Toolbar settings for backup. Thanks.

samnjoe

Re: Saving Favorites Toolbar settings
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 07:47:51 PM
I will EAGERLY second this request! I wish to backup/transfer both my settings AND export brushes to another of my iPads. This is truly critically important to me. For portability, I have mostly been using my 11" iPad Pro, but I now also want to be able to use my larger 12.9" iPad Pro (age/vision challenges are becoming more impactful). The thought of taking on the hurdle of recreating settings and brushes has been giving me serious heartburn; and has therefore caused me to keep putting it off. Avoidance has theoretically seemed easier than the foreseeable days-long effort.

I know there is must be a way to export brushes ... because I've imported brushes that have been contributed through this forum (and thanks for that, folks!). But I can't figure out how to export my own!! Help?!

Dorothyfan1

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 09:22:25 PM
You can export brushes from the main brush toolbar. You just can’t do this from the Favorites toolbar. This one is critical because it’s in this toolbar that you gather your favorite brushes for using over and over. If you lose your favorite brushes and settings…it would be a nightmare trying to reset them manually. Ironically, angrymikko on Youtube explained this issue when he described when Adobe installed an update to Photoshop which ruined his neatly arranged set of brushes. This caused him to eventually give up using his brushes in favor of using just one default brush to do all his work. It would be the equivalent of resorting to using the default round brush in ASP for all your work since you can’t find and remember all the settings for the brushes you used before the crash/moving to another iPad model.

Ben

Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 05:36:30 AM
I also think we should be able to save/export the favorites toolbar.

However, I never liked how the favorites function works because it is so disconnected from the brushes:
I can not change favorite brush settings
I can not see what brushes are added to favorites from the regular brush panel to find it
I can not turn off the fixed size, most of the time I don't want to save the size of the brush because I can not quickly switch between 2 brushes and paint seamlessly

For now, I completely replaced the favorites function by just putting my favorite brushes into a separate folder in the brush panel and use the next/previous brush shortcut to quickly switch between them to avoid any of the downsides of the favorites function. The only problem (not a big one though) with that workaround is that I can not keep it in a small panel on the screen or add a specific brush to the quick menu.

What lucky clan could do is basically the same, put the favorites automatically into a separate folder in the brush panel where they can be easily found, modified and exported. And when they also make it possible to add favorites without size, then I would not need a workaround anymore ;)

Dorothyfan1

Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 12:29:53 PM
The question is are they actually reading these posts? I haven’t seen them say anything on the discussion forum here in quite a while.

SamNArt

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 03:51:12 PM
Yeah I noticed the lack of responses , it’s unusual. Maybe it’s the summer holiday  :)