Author Topic: Feature or bug…puck follows the Apple Pencil in the color panel. Is this normal?  (Read 2571 times)

Dorothyfan1

The new ASP 3.2 release has some nice features. One of them is luminosity lock. But I’m noticing something I never experienced before during color selection in the color swatch wheel. And that’s the strange sight of the hockey puck following the Apple Pencil when selecting a color. I just noticed this when testing the luminosity lock. If I didn’t know any better I’d be concerned this was a case of a memory leak or a program bug. Now I’m not so sure. In any case, the fact I’m noticing this now suggests this behavior is new and I hope this can either be addressed in a bug fix or if this is an animation “feature”..then I’d like to turn this off because I’m finding this behavior distracting.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
We added animation in internal wheel to make it consistent with other color controls (sliders, square).

Husketch

I noticed this, and I thought it was a bug as well:)

It was my previous request to remove this animation in all color panels so that they are all consistent without animation. 

This type of sliding animation becomes annoying after a while, especially when choosing colors that are close to each other.

Maybe my request was misunderstood:)

Hope for reconsidering this, and removing the pointer animation in all panels please

Thanks a lot!! :)

Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 01:10:34 PM by Husketch

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
All in all i think it looks better with animation. Apple is using animation in system sliders too.

Husketch

Thanks for your response  :)

Yes the puck animation looks cool.

But only gets distracting when picking colors frequently from one side to the other (of the color box) and when you see the animation frames ghosting. It grabs some attention.

If sometime you reconsider that would be cool.

But I trust your opinion of course  :)

Thanks!

SamNArt

Hello!

I was working on a project that requires picking colors close to each other on the color wheel, and with this sliding behaviour it’s really challenging to drag the color circle with ease and accuracy.

Any thought on changing this sliding behaviour? The color circle feels like it’s sliding on ice.

Maybe disabling this animation would be a lot better ( maybe optional in preferences )

Hope for consideration

Thanks!

Leonid Deburger

• 2d Artist
    • Artstation
You can use HSB sliders for accuracy
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (4th gen)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
We will rather not work on this in a near future.