Author Topic: Adjust Brush Size/Opacity with tree finger gesture  (Read 6441 times)

Arley12

Adjust Brush Size/Opacity with tree finger gesture
on: March 23, 2019, 02:57:36 PM
Hi,

I love this feature (Finger Function) when the Apple Pencil is connected but should be great if we have the possibility to adjust Brush Size/Opacity with tree finger gesture, especially for the iPhone.

By
Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 03:27:58 PM by Arley12

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Adjust Brush Size/Opacity with tree finger gesture
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:02:25 PM
3 finger swipe is not comfortable to use, we will rather not add this, sorry.

Tom Puce

Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 10:19:15 AM
I love the feature that let you increase the size and flow/opacity of the brush with fingers but I also hate the fact that a lot of times I triggered it with my palm or when I try to swip from the back or the side of the ipad for multi-tasking 😊. So the option for the user to choose a 3 fingers gesture rather than just one, would be a great option, that would make the software even more friendly to use . (it work really well for many users, in an app called "infinite painter" ). So maybe It could be a simple option to consider adding in a future update.
Thanks for the great software

Fuma

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 04:37:29 AM
Please , tell me how you change the size of the brush using gestures, apparently I can't get it :o

dmaN

Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 12:16:21 AM
you can map it under preferences/finger gestures/finger function.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 04:19:48 PM
Please , tell me how you change the size of the brush using gestures, apparently I can't get it :o

Go to Artstudio > Preferences > Gestures, and set Finger Function: Adjust Brush Size/Opacity

ggermain1

Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 07:22:29 PM
I would love this feature as well. I love this feature in Infinite Painter and having the option in ArtStudio work help my workflow a lot.

Tufty

Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 09:17:09 AM
Having this would make full screen painting much more feasible. Loved it in infinite.

The one finger method is too easily accidentally activated IMO. Also, I typically set up my art apps to do nothing with one finger touch so I can brush off dust/lint/cat hair/etc as I work.

Ben

Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 05:57:16 PM
More gesture options are necessary, because when you use one finger swipes for the quick menu, then there is no gesture left for changing brush size/opacity and you are forced to use the sliders and can not use the fullscreen mode. 2 fingers, 3 fingers, I don’t care. We need more options!
Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:00:35 PM by Jack Ofalltrades

Dovla

Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 06:03:33 PM
I’d like that too. I also thought it would not be comfortable to use 3 fingers for that untill i tried it (in Infinite painter). One finger option makes me accidently trigger the gesture which brakes the flow of drawing , so I ended up disabling that.
Please make optional to use the 3 fingers gesture.