Author Topic: Suggestions: gradient tool use current color; move presets; brush dynamics  (Read 4352 times)

rhymi

While gradient presets are nice, id love for there to be an option to default/set the gradient tool to be [foreground color -> background color] or [foreground color -> transparent]
as it is, the only way to use the color I am currently using in a gradient is to copy the color code and paste it again.

another suggestion I have is to be able to move things such as patterns and brushes into other groups. You can duplicate patterns into other groups but a drag-and-drop way to move all my favourite patterns into one group would be very helpful.

one more thing id like to suggest is expanding the brush dynamics- such as adding a curve for the pressure sensitivity or velocity, or the ability to add more then 1 (or 2 if you use the 'finger' dynamics) options for a certain dynamic.

Thank you again for your hard work, regardless of these minor things I would like to see improved artstudio has become my favourite art iOS app over procreate and everything else ive tried!

GlennNorfolk

I very much agree with the idea of improving the Gradient Fill tool.

As you say, the ability to use the current colour would be good (though of course that could only be current to transparent, couldn’t it, since there is no foreground/background colour setup).

My idea (mentioned a while ago) would be to simply have an EyeDropper in the Edit Gradient Colours dialogue. That could then pick up the current colour (if wished) - or any other.

Having to note, copy and paste numeric values of a colour - or often two - to make a gradient is a real weakness I think (and unusual in a usually efficient workflow).

Nighternet

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Thanks for this suggestin, i will think about it.

Husketch

+1  Gradient to transparent is very important. Also ability to start from current color  :)

Ap3jaK

Has the option for an eyedropper in the gradient tool being considered still? Thank you for building and continuing to support this fantastic app.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Yes, we will add this later this year