Author Topic: Really annoying when auto-save start  (Read 2114 times)

Andreas Raninger

Really annoying when auto-save start
on: December 23, 2021, 08:30:47 AM
When in the file dialog, importing an image to a layer or similar, the auto-save closes the dialog by force. Can the auto-save be run in the background without closing the file dialog or stay on hold while in there? It happens all the time and causes a lot of distress. Not knowing when auto-save is going to happen and have to go to the same folder again after a sudden close is really annoying. Especially when working with matte-painting or concept art where you look for images frequently.

Spawning a thread in the background would be perfect but might be tricky when changes are made at the same time. Snapshot of the data?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Really annoying when auto-save start
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 01:42:56 PM
Could you record this issue on video?

Andreas Raninger

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 02:14:29 PM
It's not a bug and really easy to test. Create a new image, add new layer from file, browse to some directory and wait for auto-save to start. Pop! And you have to go to add layer from file again and you have to browse to your last location again.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 02:16:42 PM
Christ! I feel goofy. I'm using the desktop version. I was using Astropads Luna and it's so crazy fast that I was thinking I was on the iPad version. Sorry!  :-X

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 05:27:46 PM
Ok, no problem :)