Author Topic: Fastest way to pick colors?  (Read 2846 times)

Hyperflex

Fastest way to pick colors?
on: June 05, 2021, 06:34:04 PM
I just bought Artstudio Pro for iPad. What is the fastest way to pick colors in this program?

The only ways I have found are 1) use the tool at the top and 2) touch and hold with a finger. Both of these methods are too slow for my workflow. I pick transitional colors from the canvas every 1-2 seconds. So if I have to move my left hand to the top or press and hold 30 times a minute, I will be wasting too much time.

With Procreate you can hold the touch shortcut on the left, pick with the pencil, then release to go right back to the brush tool. Neither hand has to move and it’s super quick. Is there a similar way in Artstudio pro? I want to switch because of better customizability, but this may be a deal breaker.

Hyperflex

Re: Fastest way to pick colors?
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 04:29:33 AM
Okay, it looks like you can pick colors just by lightly holding the pencil on any part of the canvas. It’s better than the two alternatives I mentioned, although if you apply a bit too much pressure or don’t hold still, it starts painting. But for now, I’ll give this a try.

Also, this feature wasn't very obvious. Is there a documentation or manual for the program? Thanks.

Bbolger

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 07:27:59 AM
I dont find it slow at all tbh… you can also long press with your finger anywhere on the canvas and then "paint" with the pencil, which becomes your color picker automatically (it is exactly the same behavior as in Procreate, just you don’t need a button). If it’s too slow, try adjusting long press delay on preferences

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 05:45:03 AM
You can also set in Preferences > Gestures > Finger Function : Eyedropper, and then just tap/drag anywhere with your finger (no need to long press)