Author Topic: Perspective drawing improvements  (Read 2627 times)

Ben

Perspective drawing improvements
on: January 18, 2021, 11:01:20 AM
I like to suggest a few things that will make perspective drawing better:

- Snapping to the perspective grid not only snaps the drawing in freehand mode, but also in line mode, but line mode should not snap to the grid, especially not when Freehand & Line is selected. (When I hold down the pencil to activate line mode, I want to make a straight line that does not follow the grid) Please make the line modes independent from the grid snapping, otherwise these modes serve no purpose, because snapping already makes the lines straight.

- Making the perspective guides invisible also automatically turns off the perspective grid snapping, but it should still snap to the perspective grid, even when I don’t want to see the grid on my canvas. Sometimes the grid needs to be just invisible, because the lines are distracting, but the snapping should still be active.

- Option to choose different colors for each vanishing point

- When a vanishing point is far away from the canvas, it becomes impossible to set up the grid while seeing the canvas because you need to zoom out a lot. Adding an additional handle for vanishing points once they move out of the screen (like in sketchbook pro) would be very helpful for these situations.

- Drawing mode icons for the top toolbar would make drawing shapes faster, it’s more convenient when you draw shapes and lines frequently

lastaccess

Re: Perspective drawing improvements
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 12:06:30 PM
Agree with a, b and c. Last two is good too, but can live without it.

Moheri

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 11:57:24 AM
Came here to say that different colors for lines belonging to different vanishing points is something I'd love to see as well! I get confused so easily when they're the same color

LCArt

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 01:01:11 AM
+1

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 06:45:34 AM
We will add separate color for each point in 3.2.

Adding drawing mode icons: Freehand, Line etc to top toolbar is possible!

The rest of suggestions must wait.

Ben

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 08:13:49 AM
I have an additional suggestion: The option to add Auxiliary vanishing points:

Image source: https://www.deviantart.com/audiazif/art/How-to-Draw-Inclined-Planes-in-Perspective-557354907