Author Topic: Palm Rejection  (Read 3745 times)

Katifer

Palm Rejection
on: November 27, 2019, 02:30:04 PM
Hi there!  I recently bought an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and have been using Procreate, which is wonderful, but doesn't have some of the features that Photoshop has.  So when Adobe came out with Photoshop and Fresco for Ipad, I quickly downloaded them, and just as quickly got rid of them.  Fresco has no palm rejection features, which renders it useless.  And, well, Photoshop for Ipad is worthless.  In doing this I found Art Studio Pro!  So far this program seems to be a great Photoshop alternative.  However I am getting no palm rejection out of this program, something I really love about Procreate.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  I cannot use this program until I have this.

Katifer

Re: Palm Rejection
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 10:05:33 AM
Anyone?

Carlitusroda

Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 05:09:06 AM
You can disable touch canvas input clicking on top bar -> third right icon.

You can still use your finger as input for menus, and UI options. So, this is like Palm Rejection.

In addition, this adds the possibility to use your finger with operational tasks (change it in Preferences). I suggest use the finger with 'drag to change size and opacity'.

Katifer

Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 11:46:22 AM
Thank for your reply! Which icon are you talking about? Are you talking about changing to Painting mode? I tried that and my palm still triggers Undo. I also am already set to Pencil only, which doesn't help.