Author Topic: ABR brush import  (Read 20962 times)

Nickie

Re: ABR brush import
Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 07:16:56 AM
File association is broken, yes. And it appears to be a general iPadOS problem, not just related to iPadOS 13, because I haven't upgraded to v13 yet. Uninstalling and reinstalling Sketch did nothing for me. Instead it seems, for me at least, to be related to Affinity Designer (or Artstudio Pro), but I am not going to uninstall either to test it. That leaves two common denominators: iOS/iPadOS and Artstudio Pro.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 12:52:52 PM
One more idea - maybe it is broken when you have at least two Adobe apps, for example Fresco and Sketch...

Nickie

Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 05:29:51 AM
I have both, but when I uninstalled Sketch nothing changed. And I seem to remember it was broken even before I installed Fresco. I know I have seen these greyed-out icons before, a while back.

wandrinsheep

Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 01:11:51 AM
Have you found any solutions to this? It seems like affinity photo/designer have hijacked ownership of the files and I can’t import them into Artstudio or procreate at all. It’s been very frustrating

Nickie

Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 05:32:49 AM
You can share ABR (and TPL) brush sets from Files app to Artstudio Pro. You can't import Photoshop brushes into Procreate, though. Not yet, anyway. I think v5 is set to change that.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 10:02:46 AM
The solution is to first save abr file in Files, then import it from Artstudio by tapping Share icon in the Brush Editor.

5VGA

Reply #21 on: October 18, 2019, 06:52:30 AM
I was also experiencing this problem. ABR files were defaulting to an association with affinity designer, or photo. Once I removed those programs ABR files were no longer grayed out. I’m not sure if this a file association problem on iPadOS or with art studio.
Currently the ABR file is associating with adobe fresco and it appears to be working fine in Art Studio.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 08:59:09 AM
About the workaround i put above:
"The solution is to first save abr file in Files, then import it from Artstudio by tapping Share icon in the Brush Editor."

Abr file must be stored in iCloud Drive to make it work!
If you store it on 'On My iPad' - the workaround will not work.