Author Topic: Suggestion : Colorpick Gesture-like behavior for Eraser and Smudge  (Read 2339 times)

alfanders

Hi! I have an idea regarding Eraser and Smudge option for One Finger Function gesture here

Currently, in the Eyedropper finger gesture, you could activate it with your finger, and then use the Apple Pencil to override the position to the Apple Pencil location. I think this is brilliant since Apple Pencil is more accurate to use than a finger! ✨✨

I'm wondering whether it is possible to implement the same capability for Eraser and Smudge?

So that if you're using your finger, you'd Erase / Smudge as usual. But if you put your Apple Pencil down while your finger is touching the screen, you would use your Apple Pencil (position and pressure) to Erase / Smudge instead.

I think that'd be terrific because aside from the increased accuracy of the Apple Pencil, you could also utilize the pencil's pressure! ✨✨

Additionally, since it is a one-finger gesture, you could activate this from any position on the Canvas, massively requiring less accuracy and increasing the speed of activation ✨✨.

The experience would feel similar to "Temporary Activating Eraser" if you're holding Eraser Button on your keyboard, but for keyboard-less usage. I feel like this could also increase the consistent feeling of the app between using the keyboard and without using the keyboard. ✨✨

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Cool idea! I think you might run into a minor issue which is that holding you finger longer would activate the eye dropper, which is what happens right now in those modes. So you wouldn’t be able to have long press eye dropper on probably, which may complicate things.

alfanders

Cool idea! I think you might run into a minor issue which is that holding you finger longer would activate the eye dropper, which is what happens right now in those modes. So you wouldn’t be able to have long press eye dropper on probably, which may complicate things.

Oh, great point!! It does turn into an eyedropper after awhile 😲
Probably should just stick with "switch to eraser" hahah.
Thank you! I missed that!! 💖✨

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Yes, sounds really cool. We will consider add it in beta asap.

alfanders

I have tried this! This works wonderfully thank you so much!!

Also I've noticed, this disables the eyedropper tool. Is that intended or is it a bug? Thank You! ✨

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Probably a bug, we will fix it asap.

alfanders

Probably a bug, we will fix it asap.

Thank you! ✨