Author Topic: Few quick suggestions!  (Read 3601 times)

Husketch

Few quick suggestions!
on: March 15, 2018, 05:45:30 AM

1- When you make a new file, some things are reset ,like View >Snap , I usually turn it off. but when you make a new file it's turned on again. maybe the app should remember settings like this always.

2-Move the healing tool icon away down in the separate tools mode. it comes right above the eraser and it looks quite similar, i clicked the healing tool by mistake so many times:)

3- An option to turn off angle snap? 5 degrees is a bit harsh. sometimes i want to rotate and draw freely without snapping.

THank you!

Husketch

Re: Few quick suggestions!
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 06:14:14 AM
Also:

4- When you select something and do 'cut' and 'Paste' , the pasted part is not exactly at the same place where you cut it from...Can you make it so when you copy or cut/paste something, it's always pasted right at the same location on the canvas where it was before? Thanks :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 08:54:15 AM
1. I agree, we will do it in version 1.2
2. We will add option to set tools order in the future.
3. Give me more details - do you mean snap in edit transform, or maybe rotating canvas?
4. When you copy selected area, Artstudio automatically trims transparent pixels, and clipboard contains trimmed image. Then when you paste it, it pastes in the center of selection. You have 2 options: use Edit>Copy Special>Copy Without Trim to copy without trimming. Or select area, then tap Layer>Duplicate (in top manu or layers popover) to copy selected part to a new layer (and keep location).

Husketch

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 09:17:09 AM
Thanks for the response
Good to know some of the suggestions are already planned :)
Regarding number 3, I meant canvas rotation.

Thanks for the tip regarding number 4, it wasn't obvious but i like the duplicate layer trick!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 04:17:29 AM
Rotation is snapped only when the angle is close to zero, so you can easily go back to standard, not-rotated view.

Husketch

Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 07:04:52 AM
Yes it's good to snap canvas rotation to standard non-rotated view. But can you add a setting in the view menu or in preferences to switch that feature on/off? I would sometimes like to rotate freely without snapping to default view at all.

Also another thing to mention:
When you have a panel open (brushes, color, layer..) then you want to pan or zoom the canvas with gesture, there is a lag/delay between closing the panel and performing the gesture. which can be annoying sometimes. even when you want to start drawing while there is a panel open.  I hope you can make it quicker to close the panel and perform gesture on canvas?

Thanks very much! :)