Author Topic: Suggestion: Luminosity lock / Value and Saturation Lock  (Read 13366 times)

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Re: Suggestion: Luminosity lock / Value and Saturation Lock
Reply #30 on: May 24, 2021, 03:04:23 AM
Thanks, glad they make sense! Yeah, the nice thing about having all the sliders be able to display the lock is that you could turn it on or off in any of the color pickers and the other ones would stay synchronized. Seems like it would make it real intuitive to use.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #31 on: May 24, 2021, 06:18:08 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I will work on some of them later this week.

mattnava

• Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #32 on: May 24, 2021, 01:18:03 PM
Cool, thank you!

mattnava

• Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #33 on: May 27, 2021, 02:20:14 PM
Just checked out the new luminosity lock icon, looks really nice and clean! I noticed that in the unlocked state, its pretty hard to see when its over the yellow, green and cyan areas of the color wheel. The light opacity lines blend in a lot there. I wonder if there's a way to make it more consistently visible in those areas. maybe as it goes over that half, you could increase its opacity a bit? A minor polish thing, but it would help!

LCArt

Reply #34 on: May 28, 2021, 02:36:03 AM
Just checked out the new luminosity lock icon, looks really nice and clean! I noticed that in the unlocked state, its pretty hard to see when its over the yellow, green and cyan areas of the color wheel. The light opacity lines blend in a lot there. I wonder if there's a way to make it more consistently visible in those areas. maybe as it goes over that half, you could increase its opacity a bit? A minor polish thing, but it would help!

yah, hard to see, maybe keep the filled icon but with an open lock icon instead of locked, and 50% transparency or more (?)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #35 on: May 28, 2021, 05:17:22 AM
It is hardly visible in unlocked state, but it is intentional, users will notice it after changing hue.
It is clearly visible in Locked state, so it is ok.

cygaj

Reply #36 on: November 04, 2021, 09:39:50 AM
Hello, would it be possible to completely disable the feature in the preferences? I think it's amazing that it's there but although I do not know how I do it I keep locking it on accident and it's distracting whenever that happens. Probably tapping it with my palm on accident

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #37 on: November 09, 2021, 07:36:48 AM
I don't want to add every minor thing to Preferences, sorry. It would grow to very huge list...

cygaj

Reply #38 on: November 11, 2021, 03:30:53 AM
I don't want to add every minor thing to Preferences, sorry. It would grow to very huge list...

That's very fair! Sorry to have been imposing and always glad to see that you have a good idea of what you want to do and don't compromise that