Author Topic: Brush sizing  (Read 1950 times)

gregg2g

Brush sizing
on: January 05, 2018, 07:15:17 PM
Trying to size brushes with the little up/down arrows or typing in the number is cumbersome at best. Wouldn't it be better to have a puck (Sketchbook Pro), corner area as in Artrage, or specific sizes to choose from as in Clip Art? It would make resizing the brush a lot easier.
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, Huion Kanvas Pro 20 Latest version driver. ArtStudioPro latest versioon

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Brush sizing
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:25:04 AM
Do you mean mac or ios version?

On mac tou can use keys: [ , ] to easily change brush size.

gregg2g

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:14:36 AM
I mean the Mac OS version. Sorry. Using the "command [ ]" keys while drawing with a Watcom table is another choice, but having some type of slider or preset size control has always been a favorite of most art programs. I guess it's just a matter of what we are used to. The little size controls for the brush size in the sub-menu bar are really small and can slow down the painting process......in my opinion.
I really like this program, and like I stated on the introduction page, am looking for a replacement for Sketchbook Pro ......I don't want to lease a software program. I would rather own the program and have the choice of an upgrade.
I've adjusted (programmed keystrokes) on my Watcom tablet for now. 
This is an update: I moved up to Art Studio Pro IOS from Art Studio IOS. I see on the IOS version you have a slider for sizing at the bottom. That is what I am talking about. Use the same Idea on the Mac OS version.
Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:46:37 AM by gregg2g
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, Huion Kanvas Pro 20 Latest version driver. ArtStudioPro latest versioon

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 02:58:03 PM
There is one more option.
Drag and drop on ‘Size’ label.
You can drag on almost all labels in Artstudio Pro  to change the value, which is very similar to sliders.

gregg2g

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 08:27:16 AM
That solved the problem. Thank you for your help.

Kappa

Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 10:36:12 AM
On the iOS version maybe the option of moving the brush size and opacity sliders on the left or right side bar would make more sense in terms of workflow. The undo button should definitely stay at the side as well. Colors could go on the bottom bar.

Now that I’m thinking about it i’m basically describing Procreate’s setup more or less. :)

TimS

• The Artists' Quarter
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 07:52:45 AM
My problem with this is that when I use the "drag over word" option, the brush ghost is hidden beneath my hand as I make the adjustment. The size of the brush ghost does change dynamically, but it's hidden by my hand! Could the brush ghost be offset the this point... either to the left or to the right, so it's visible while making the adjustment?
T

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 11:38:39 AM
TimS - do you mean Mac, iPad or iPhone version?

TimS

• The Artists' Quarter
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 04:41:46 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer.. I’m referring to the desktop version here.
T

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 04:51:55 PM
Ok. But how is it possible your hand hides the screen? Mac computers don't have touch screens.

TimS

• The Artists' Quarter
Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 03:52:31 AM
When I'm changing the brush size on my Wacom Cintiq with the stylus! ;)
T

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 05:42:27 AM
Doesn't Cyntiq support Windows only? How did you launch Artstudio Pro?

TimS

• The Artists' Quarter
Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 05:54:15 AM
I think we're misunderstanding each other... it will be easier if I demonstrate via a quick video... I'll make that later today and post.
T

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 05:52:08 AM
Ok, waiting for the video...

gregg2g

Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 02:08:43 PM
This last weekend I was on the road and switched between operating systems to Artstudio Pro IOS version on my iPad Pro. Nice having the ability to switch using iCloud for my drawing/painting. I love the brush sizing and flow amount adjustments in the IOS version. It would be a lot nicer/easier on the Mac OS version if they were changed to copy the IOS version.
The Mac OS adjustments and icons are a little small.
Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:57:24 PM by gregg2g