Author Topic: Tools and options  (Read 3684 times)

Andych56

Tools and options
on: February 22, 2019, 12:13:24 AM
Hi,
 I’m not sure if these things have been mentioned in the past, but here goes.

1. Is there a mesh warp tool going to be added?
It’s very cumbersome using the Elastify tool to do simple bends keeping a nice arch.

2. Is there a Gradient ramp going to be added to the adjustment layers?
It would be great to have the control to go back and adjust it when needed.

3. In the preferences can there be an option to disable touch gestures if using a keyboard?
This will allow the user to touch and rest the palm fully on the screen without effecting anything.

4. Can different shortcuts be assigned to different keys on the keyboard?

That’s pretty much it.
I appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Tools and options
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 09:09:59 AM
1. We will first add normal Warp tool (version 2.2 probably). Mesh Warp (Puppet Warp) is more complicated, we will consider it later.

2. Gradient Ramp - what is it? If you mean Gradient Map - it is already there.

3. Palm Rejection works very well now, no need to another option for that.

4. It is planned - version 2.2 or 2.3.

Andych56

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 07:33:33 PM
1. We will first add normal Warp tool (version 2.2 probably). Mesh Warp (Puppet Warp) is more complicated, we will consider it later.

Great, that should do the trick. Cheers!

2. Gradient Ramp - what is it? If you mean Gradient Map - it is already there.

No, it's not the Gradient Map adjustment layer, its the same as the Gradient tool in the toolbar and the Gradient layer FX which can be adjusted at any time and affect every layer under it (or not if a clipping mask is applied.)
I've attached a pic showing the difference between the Gradient Map Adjustment Layer and gradient Adjustment Layer.
You'll see in the screen of the Photoshop list of Adjustment Layers the Gradient is second down from the top. This may seem like an unnecessary tool but it's quite a powerful tool when adjusting the look/style of an image. I understand by making a new layer and using the Gradient tool in the toolbar can have a similar result but you would have to remake the Gradient to make a change to it. And by deleting one of the colours and keeping its transparent control it would result in the colour that is left in the gradient would be opaque and the rest is transparent. Basically, this would be exactly the same as the Layer FX Gradient but as an Adjustment Layer.

3. Palm Rejection works very well now, no need to another option for that.

I agree its much better. However, it's not working 100%. I'm finding I'm still having to wear a glove to rest my palm on the screen. After serval minutes without a glove, I'm finding stamps of the brush I'm using spotted all over my image. I'm having to go back and erase the brush marks where I've rested my palm.
Having the option to turn the touch control off would eliminate this problem. Many other apps I'm using have this feature which is quite useful as palm rejection has always been an issue.

4. It is planned - version 2.2 or 2.3.

Great, this will be very helpful.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 04:58:40 AM
2. Got it. I didn’t know ‘Gradient Ramp’ name. We will probably add that later this year.

3. Perfect Palm Rejection does not exist, ios is not able to perfectly decide if event comes from palm or finger. That’s why we have ‘Pencil Only’ mode in Artstudio Pro.

Andych56

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 06:30:49 AM
2. Got it. I didn’t know ‘Gradient Ramp’ name. We will probably add that later this year.

Ok great sounds like you guys have a big year planned.👍🏻

3. Perfect Palm Rejection does not exist, ios is not able to perfectly decide if event comes from palm or finger. That’s why we have ‘Pencil Only’ mode in Artstudio Pro.

Yes I thought so, which explains why other apps have added the option to disable touch.
Thanks i’ll Try out the pencil only mode.

Chris

Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 06:59:35 AM
The Gradient map feature from PS would be great to have. Is it possible to get the same effect as of now?
Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:03:23 AM by Chris

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 08:23:04 AM
Chris - Gradient Map is already here (available as Adjustment Layer and normal Adjustment).
Gradient Layer, as i wrote before, will be implemented in the future.

Chris

Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 04:16:46 PM
Found it! Thank you