Author Topic: Performance issues on canvas flip, very slow flip with a few layers??  (Read 2692 times)

vijay

I was trying out horizontal flip of the canvas with few layers on an IPad 2018. The flip takes quite a long time to happen.
With just 10 layers, it takes almost 15 seconds to complete the flip. With 15 layers, it hits almost 25 seconds. You don't know whether you properly triggered the flip or its in the process of flipping most times. This happens only when using the flip operation.

I tried the mirror operation, and that's snappy and fast. What is the difference between the mirror and flip?

I have tried the flip horizontal, vertical on procreate and its fast as the mirror operation I tried on Artstudio pro.

I tried to flip with some other painting, seems it works reasonably with that. I don't know why it is quite slow with some though. As I mentioned, it takes almost half a minute with at times.
Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:25:08 PM by vijay

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
I will try improve it. But if you only want too see flipped canvas for a moment, use View>Mirror.

vijay

Thanks.

Sure, I will use the mirror operation which is very fast.