Author Topic: Being able to lock or disable zoom in/out function  (Read 2641 times)

Wilwjess

Being able to lock or disable zoom in/out function
on: January 28, 2019, 11:04:07 AM
Hi,

Just purchased the app and I noticed there was no way to lock or disable the zoom in/out feature on the canvas. I understand that it’s an important feature, but for my work it’s best to have the canvas size fixed so I do not have to keep putting the canvas size back to original size because it zoomed in and out when rotating the canvas.

Also, do you think you can do something like “clip paint studio/manga studio” does in terms of Vector layers? They make it possible to manipulate the lines just like in a vector program. It’s not really a true vector layer in the sense that you can zoom in and the lines stay super crisp no matter the size. Also has the ability to rasterize the vector layer so you can merge it down to the raster layer.

Other than that the app looks amazing and can’t wait to start using it more and hopefully use it all the time for my work. The only thing about clip paint studio I did not like was the rulers are hard to control and also the paid membership.

Keep up the great work

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Being able to lock or disable zoom in/out function
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 02:36:15 AM
Do you need to lock it to specified zoom, or ot 100%?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 02:55:26 AM
If you can move only, or rotate only, without changing current zoom, you can use "Pan" and "Rotate Canvas" tools.

Wilwjess

Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 09:50:32 AM
Hi,

Thanks for responding. So I am a comic book inker and the normal page size we work at is 11x17. I think being able to lock it at the 11x17 paper size would mean 100%? However, I did notice that for some reason Clip paint studio takes into account dpi. Because when I have an 11x17 canvas at 600 dpi and click 100% it makes it way bigger than the actual 11x17 paper size. So just as long as I can keep the canvas from resizing and being able to rotate the canvas with my fingers would help.

Also, not sure if I understand you correctly, but your saying I can rotate and pan using a “tool” rather than a touch gesture? I have tried doing that on a desktop computer using a wacom and it it takes time to constantly switch between tools. That was why I got a wacom cintiq touch rather than the ones that did not have touch.

Thanks for the reply again. It shows how much you value your customers and how much you care about the product.