Author Topic: Please improve the brush management  (Read 2992 times)

postdes

Please improve the brush management
on: January 10, 2019, 03:20:16 PM
I really love Artstudio Pro, especially on the ipad. There is one particular thing that I think can and should be improved: the brush management. The first thing that is annoying is that I have multiple brush sets installed, but switching from one set to another takes a few seconds every time, and longer if the group is large. Almost everything in the app is fast (drawing, pinch zoom and rotate etc) but this really breaks the flow. I hope this can somehow be sped up, to be more like it is in procreate.

I could work around this first part though if I could easily make smaller sets with all the necessary brushes, but this brings me to the second problem: trying to reorganise the brushes, by putting brushes from different sets in one of my own is really slow and difficult to do. The only way I found is to copy the brush I have selected, open the new group and paste it in there. I can only do it one by one, so I have to keep switching sets, which takes a few seconds to load each time, select a brush, copy, switch sets again, paste...
I was working on putting a set together on my mac yesterday, which took me quite a long time, then I just wanted to rename the set — but pushed the button just below it, which deletes it!? There was no confirmation message, all the work I had just done was gone  :(

As you can see this is not a great workflow. And as ArtStudio is primarily a drawing and painting app, I think this is pretty crucial to improve this.

There could be different ways in which this could be improved:
- Most intuitive would be drag and drop between sets, if this can be done fast, and preferably with multiple items.
- A "preset" manager like photoshop where I can organize my brush sets
- An option to in the brush dropdown menu to copy a brush to a particular set (I don't know if iOS supports this, I have seen things like this on mac

Whichever way you choose: I sincerely hope you can put this issue on the priority list, as it is the greatest annoyance in an app that is really top class.

Thank you

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Please improve the brush management
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:13:31 AM
I know about this limitation. We are going to add better brush/color/pattern/gradient management in the future. Currently we have few more urgent features to add, sorry.

We will consider adding soon option to select multiple brushes/colors and copy/paste them.
Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 06:20:55 AM by Lucky Clan

postdes

Re: Please improve the brush management
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 08:16:44 AM
Thank you for your quick reply. Multiple copy/paste would be an improvement already