Author Topic: Some small subjection  (Read 4562 times)

barry

Some small subjection
on: December 16, 2018, 08:47:29 PM
1. Fill tools Option : can be fill expand or contract in number inputs.
2. Text tool : make it easier to change size and fonts.
3. Transform : warp. *Is this coming in 2018?
4. Quick line & shape: As you know from Procreate.

5. Natural painting look brush or paint: take a look inside App> Art Set 4.
6. Paper texture : A press of button and choose different Paper or Canvas or rough surface.
7. Save as option : easy to backup different version.
8. Brush option: smoothing option should be on top and add easy on/off button .

And other things are almost perfect!  :)

;)Thank you!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Some small subjection
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:02:46 PM
1. You can first make a selection using Magic Wand tool, and then you can expand/contract/border/... it using Select submenu.
2. It is not so difficult...
3. Warp is planned for 2019.
4. Maybe...

5. Could you post a screenshot showing that brush?
6. You can download patterns in PAT format, or brush in ABR/TPL format that use paper or canvas texture.
7. If you use iCloud to store files you already have version backup! To revert to previous version (save) go to Gallery, tap Edit, choose a document and tap 'Revert' icon in top toolbar.
8. Drawing Mode (freehand, line etc) and Smoothing will be tool property in version 2.1 (with option to autoset it in Brush Editor). So changing brushes will not change smoothing or drawing mode.

Thanks for your remarks.

barry

Nighternet

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 12:23:39 AM
Love how one can dock anything to the top, bottom, right and left of the screen in ArtSet. Full customization is key in painting on the limited size screen, for each artist has a preferred set of tools for each job, and that customized UI is saved in the file rather than universally in preferences. Alas, there is no need to change the ASP main UI. This can be a part of the full screen mode.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 02:59:52 AM
Sorry, i don't like full customization. Besides Artstudio is too big app to add that.

postdes

Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 02:57:43 PM
1. Fill tools Option : can be fill expand or contract in number inputs.

I would appreciate something like this, especially when used with a line art layer. It makes it faster to create color fills that go under the line art. This could either be done by having the option to automatically increase the wand selection by a set amount of pixels, or have this option for the fill tool as well. This last option would be very powerful in combination with the reference layers which you want to implement as well, I believe. This kind of functionality is already present in Clip Studio and Medibang, as it is very useful for comics.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 07:10:18 PM
I love the idea of a Reference Layer as Clip Studio Paint. I do a lot of line drawings which I later fill with color. This saves a lot of time.
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 06:22:49 AM
Ok, thanks for your remarks, we will be working on that soon.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 10:32:02 AM
Thank you. ArtStudio Pro just keeps getting better and better.  ;)
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version