Author Topic: Color wheel, lock and erase  (Read 4570 times)

lastaccess

Color wheel, lock and erase
on: October 18, 2018, 06:53:49 AM
I've been using this app several days and found some inconvenient things for me.
1. No color wheel. I prefer it to color box. It would be good to have option to select one or another.
2. When you use erase tool and after that you use apple pencil hold to pick color it doesn't choose paint tool automatically. I think it's obvious that if I try to choose color I'm  going to paint and not to erase.
3. Where is full layer lock? It's  only alpha and move lock. But you still can paint on this layer. I need layer lock when I can't do anything on it.

Hope to see this in future updates. Thanks

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Color wheel, lock and erase
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:21:12 AM
1. It will be added in the future, but it is not urgent now.
2. It is not obvious, because if layer has "Locked Transparency", eraser cannot change pixel alpha, so it works like a Paint tool and it uses current color to Erase(Paint).
3. It will be added soon.

lastaccess

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:38:49 AM
About number 2. Maybe it's possible to add auto switch to paint tool after using color picker in erase mode if layer is not locked? I still can't get used to it and have to undo erased strokes because I all the time forget to switch it manually. It will boost speed of painting.

Thank you for good software.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 10:32:04 AM
Please tell me - what app are you using that auto-enables Paint tool after tapping a swatch?

lastaccess

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 10:39:59 AM
On PC in Krita. When eraser is on, you pick color and eraser is automatically sets off.

In Procreate if eraser is enabled, you color pick and it automatically sets to painter tool.

I moved from Procreate to Artstudio Pro because here I can crop canvas and mostly because it has color picking by tap and hold of apple pencil. Basically 3 things I described will make this software perfect for me. Actually I can live without color wheel, but other things are quite essential for me.
Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 10:46:28 AM by lastaccess

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 11:48:55 AM
Thanks, i will test that tomorrow and maybe add it in version 2.1

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 09:38:14 AM
Maybe adding the Apple color picker would be the easiest answer. You can have your swatches/color wheel etc. all in one.
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 10:46:38 AM
There is no iOS system color picker on iOS.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 09:00:06 AM
Oh, yeah. Sorry....got the wrong system.
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version