Author Topic: New feature request LAYER/BLEND OPTIONS  (Read 2857 times)

Andych56

New feature request LAYER/BLEND OPTIONS
on: October 04, 2018, 03:21:25 AM
Hi,
Below Ive attached a link to a video of Photoshops Blend Options for each layer.
This is a great tool to create a quick transparent area in an image or your painting. Its also great for .eg pulling out sections of an image quickly for the highlights if you wanted to blur or glow them, same with the shadows.
In the video Ive also shown how Affinity Photo has its layout for this option.
Sorry for the quality of the first part of the vid

https://youtu.be/YXmwUul_7OQ
Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:51:31 AM by Andych56

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: New feature request LAYER/BLEND OPTIONS
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 05:02:56 AM
Linked video doesn't work

Andych56

Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 05:49:55 AM
Linked video doesn't work
Thanks it was set to private for some reason.
This should work, I hope.

https://youtu.be/YXmwUul_7OQ
Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 06:28:44 AM by Andych56

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 07:51:02 AM
I get it - i already have this on my todo list. However tt is advanced option most people will not know how to use, so the priority is low.

Andych56

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 08:00:52 AM
I get it - i already have this on my todo list. However tt is advanced option most people will not know how to use, so the priority is low.
Oh ok great that’s good news!
How about if you add it in and i’ll do some nice tutorials so everyone knows how to use it?  ;)  ;D

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 08:26:52 AM
Tempting offer, priority goes up a bit :) I will contact you when I will be working on that.

Andych56

Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 08:41:25 AM
Tempting offer, priority goes up a bit :) I will contact you when I will be working on that.
Excellent! Cheers mate :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 08:48:23 AM
I noticed you used 'Blend If' button and 'This Layer' slider. Do you use any other Advanced Blending options?

Andych56

Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 09:56:04 PM
I noticed you used 'Blend If' button and 'This Layer' slider. Do you use any other Advanced Blending options?
Funny you should ask, I was thinking I should have mentioned I use all the options there but I didn't want to overload you with such a huge request.
I made 2 quick vids with some of the other options I use and what I do with them. The others that I don't demonstrate in the vids pretty much just assist further with what im doing.

The first vid I'm showing is how I'm changing the blend mode to multiply on the layer and then I'm adding a Colour layer effect. I turn on the Blend Interior Effects in the Blending options window which allows me to change the blend mode in the Colour overlay effect. This is great for a non-destructive way of a finer/secondary grade on the layer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOLHDUTs2Og

The second vid I'm showing how to create a Chromatic Aberration effect by turning off certain colour channels to keep only one channel working.
I only made the Red and Blue visible, you can make the green channel visible as well for the full RGB effect.
Then I used the keyboard arrow keys to nudge the Red channel left a few pixels and the Blue to the right a few pixels. This offsets the channels and lets those colours show through.
After that, you can group those layers and add a black mask onto it and paint around the edges with white to show through the effect. Chromatic aberration as you know only appears around the outer rim from the lens where it distorts the most.
The entire blending options window is very useful and powerful when used correctly. I'm guessing you'd make these options able to carry across to Photoshop in a PSD?
I'm very happy to work with you on this with testing and giving feedback when you get around to adding these into ASP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIN9p05Esfk

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 01:42:11 AM
Ok, thanks. Is there any advanced blending option that you think is not necessary to add?

Nighternet

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 02:33:40 AM
Average.

Andych56

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 02:55:12 AM
Ok, thanks. Is there any advanced blending option that you think is not necessary to add?
I think we could get by without
Fill Opacity (Slider)
Knockout (drop-down menu)
Blend Clipping Layers as Group
Transparency Shapes Layer
Layer Mask Hides Effects
Vector Mask Hides Effects

So keeping the Channels RGB tickboxes
Blend Interior Effects as group tickbox
Blend If (dropdown)
and the 2 sliders
Is that easier on the workload having just these?
Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 02:59:32 AM by Andych56

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 03:14:51 AM
Ok, thanks. However Fill Opacity slider is already available in Artstudio Pro (you have to open Layer Effects popover)

Andych56

Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 03:34:25 AM
Ok, thanks. However Fill Opacity slider is already available in Artstudio Pro (you have to open Layer Effects popover)
Yes ok I see it. :D
Sorry I meant the one under the Advanced Blending heading
That slider (Fill Opacity) helps control some of the Knockout effects, which were ditching.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 03:44:46 AM
In Photoshop, as far as i know it, Fill Opacity slider in Advanced Blending window, and Fill slider in layers box - is exactly the same.