Author Topic: A question regarding creating a new project  (Read 8663 times)

Andych56

Re: A question regarding creating a new project
Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 04:21:03 AM
Currently only 8bit mode is supported, sorry.

Zoom out - it is limited so canvas is not too small.
I've noticed there were a few requests for a navigator window. Some artist like to use this to check their composition as its only a small viewer on the side panel. I am also one of these people to do that. I'd like to request a simpler option by unlocking the zoom out to scale down another 50%.

Well, many users are requesting something that is always displayed: navigator box, reference photo box, some buttons, color circle any many other :) If I add them all they will cover the whole canvas :)

I totally understand. Speaking for myself there's a lot of windows we can do without, that's why I was suggesting to unlock the zoom out to help serve with one of the navigator's functions. It doesn't make much sense to lock it from getting too small anyway if you lose track of your image you just have to hit zoom to fit to rescale to full screen.

FYI the UI suggestions I make are what I believe could be great features to speed up the workflow and give options to use keyboard shortcuts inside the app. The buttons are very small as you could see in the 3D sculpting app and how useful they are. The developer told me they are the same as ALT and Shift so the way of working is the same on the desktop. That makes perfect sense to me. A lot of users have a way of working and those ways have all come from Photoshop, I just hope ASP can stay afloat after PS is released on the ipad. However, it is your app and your decision to take these suggestions on board. I only posted them for you to consider in hope that you would see something useful in them. :)

Andych56

Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 06:24:44 AM
Oh and I had a question regarding the other topic in this thread.
You mentioned not making ASP 16bit because it wasn’t true 16bit on the IPad, it was 10-14bit.
When Adobe releases one of their biggest professional pieces of software (Photoshop) on the iPad, do you think they will only make an 8bit version of it?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 06:40:58 AM
Well, making 16 bit support in an easy way (in fact 10-14 bit) is rather easy.
Making full 16bit support is also possible, but needs much more work.
32 bit is possible, but it is even harder.

We know that version 1.0 of "full" Photoshop for iPad will be far from "full".
I don't know if they will add 16-bit support.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 08:43:42 AM
Andych56, actually, with the use of software programs like "Duet Display," I can monitor my navigation window on my iPad Pro while I work on my iMac. That way, I don't have to keep zooming out to full picture every time I want to look at the full picture.
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version

Andych56

Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 03:35:48 PM
Andych56, actually, with the use of software programs like "Duet Display," I can monitor my navigation window on my iPad Pro while I work on my iMac. That way, I don't have to keep zooming out to full picture every time I want to look at the full picture.
Glad you found a work around while being on the desktop. I wasn’t aware the desktop version was also limited in features.
Can’t you tell me if it can read and write 16bit files?
Being a PC user I was thinking about installing a virtual machine to run the Mac OS to use ASP.
If it’s not 16bit I won’t bother.

Andych56

Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 03:48:39 PM
Well, making 16 bit support in an easy way (in fact 10-14 bit) is rather easy.
Making full 16bit support is also possible, but needs much more work.
32 bit is possible, but it is even harder.

We know that version 1.0 of "full" Photoshop for iPad will be far from "full".
I don't know if they will add 16-bit support.
Oh ok so it’s not that it can’t be done making ASP 16bit, it’s that it’s too much work or not a priority?
I’m willing to bet that Photoshop is 16bit or even 32bit on release. I can’t imagine them limiting their customers who pay a subscription for an 8bit app. 8bit is fine for just painting but creating textures for film or photo editing, 16bit is required. The point of their app would be for professionals to work on the go and have a seamless workflow from iPad to desktop.
Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:47:34 PM by Andych56

Nighternet

Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 01:44:46 PM

Zoom out - it is limited so canvas is not too small.

That's why I have to resort to going out to the "desktop" and double-click home button to see the canvas as a thumb.