Author Topic: About the need of a Pressure Curve Tool  (Read 3887 times)

danielbelchi

About the need of a Pressure Curve Tool
on: September 25, 2018, 07:06:29 AM
Hi  :),

We know that one of the biggest attractions of Artstudio Pro for iPad is the possibility to run Photoshop's brushes.

After work intensely with many Kyle's brushes I think we urgently need a Pressure Curve Tool to manage the strengh we need to do to paint as we expect.

The already implemented options are not enough. We need an adjustable curve, not a min/max number. The ideal would be a pressure curve for each brush (like in Clip Studio Paint or Affinity Photo/Designer), but at least one decent option like we have in Procreate.

Encouragement! The work you are doing is formidable!

ohjays

Re: About the need of a Pressure Curve Tool
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 03:25:17 PM
I second this. I was trying to blend colors to make a painted blended effect, which relies on opacity via pen pressure. I was having a hard time getting the desired opacity effect relative to other software and I think that would be alleviated through a pressure curve. A global option would be fine from my viewpoint.

Thank you for considering these suggestions.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 04:09:35 PM
I agree, it must be done asap. But please telll mec- is  global curve enough, or we need „per brush” curve?

ohjays

Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 08:57:45 PM
Maybe start with a global curve and see how it works before considering a per-brush curve?  :)

Speaking for myself, I am happy with the global curve setting in Procreate or CSP, for example. I’m mainly interested in getting the Apple Pencil to be at the right sensitivity for my hand. I find that I do tweak it a bit during use according to what I’m doing, and that is where I could see it being handy to attach a curve to a brush. But I’d still be happy with a global setting.

Affinity Photo has a pressure curve available for each brush option on each brush, but I didn’t need that much control myself. I’d have rather had a global setting there. (I didn’t find one.)

Andych56

Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 12:56:01 AM
I personally would like the pressure curve for each brush that way it still keeps the integrity of the original design of the brush where its characteristics are driven by its set dynamics.

danielbelchi

Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 08:58:32 AM
I would be satisfied with a global curve, but I must to recognize that one curve pressure for each brush give them its own characteristics, that can be very different between brushes.

For example, the feeling and way of use of one watercolor brush can be quick movements with barely strength pressure for light washes. And the opposite for an oil impasto one.

As you want but please, almost one  ;)

Anyway, I must to say that Artstudio Pro is the reason to have an iPad Pro (not Procreate, not Affinity).

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 01:02:33 PM
Global curve is necessary, no doubt.
Then to have full control i think each pressure-dynamics should have its own curve.