Author Topic: Features that should be added.  (Read 3793 times)

Sh4rp

Features that should be added.
on: September 19, 2018, 06:53:40 AM
Hello,

after working now with your app for around two weeks, I have to say that I`m impressed by the capabilities of my iPad Pro. Without talking around the topic I would like to list a few features, that I would love to see implemented in a future release.

-> Lasso Selection - Pls do it like the guys from Procreate.
-> Path/Pen Tool - Essential to make precise selections!
-> Rotate the brush - I imagine a third slider next to Flow and Size that can change the orientation of the brush.
-> Color wheel - The squared color map is not very professional. A wheel would be awesome.
-> Customisable shortcuts. The idea of having shortcuts for a bluetooth keyboard is awesome! But I would like to customise it to my needs.
-> Add more shortcut-functions. I think you should be able to be able to set a shortcut for every menu entry. For example flipping the canvas.

Honestly if these changes are made, I can see myself ditching Photoshop (to a certain degree). I am a professional designer and think that you created an awesome piece of software here! Now please don`t stop improving it!

Cheers
Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:58:31 AM by Sh4rp

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Essential features that need to be added.
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 07:04:08 AM
- improved Lasso is ready, please wait for the next major update
- Path/Pen and other vector tools - they will be added in a future
- Rotate brush - if you have a Pencil you can configure "Angle" dynamics to Pencil Rotation
- why do you think the wheel is more professional than square?
- customisable Quick Menu is ready for the major update, almost every item from menu can be set in Quick Menu
- key shortcut customisation - it will be added later this year
- more shortcuts - it will be implemented together with shortcut customization

Sh4rp

Re: Features that should be added.
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:07:37 AM
Thanks for the fast reply! Awesome then I can`t wait for the new update!!

About the other things:

- Brush Rotation - I am not talking about dynamis, but more like adapting the current brush to a specific situation. Take for example an elliptic brush. Depending on the orientation (vertical or horizontal) you get different results. It would be cool to be able to rotate the brush to fit the situation. Otherwise I have to rotate the canvas and more or less guess.
With a slider I could make a stroke, see if the result fits and if not just rotate it a bit more. I hope it`s clear what I mean otherwise I will post an example.

- Color Wheel. Well I think the wheel combined with a triangle is just a more natural way of showing the colors and their relation to each other. A squared map also does the job of course but in color theory you generally talk about color wheels and not squares.

The fact that you are planning a pen tool for future updates is amazing and I`m so looking forward to it! Can you give a clue when that might happen and how long it`ll take until we can download 1.4? :)

Best regards!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 02:49:32 PM
Vector tools will be added next year. I don't have any precise date yet.

Jim_e

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 11:24:50 PM

- Brush Rotation - I am not talking about dynamis, but more like adapting the current brush to a specific situation. Take for example an elliptic brush. Depending on the orientation (vertical or horizontal) you get different results. It would be cool to be able to rotate the brush to fit the situation. Otherwise I have to rotate the canvas and more or less guess.
With a slider I could make a stroke, see if the result fits and if not just rotate it a bit more. I hope it`s clear what I mean otherwise I will post an example.
You currently can do this.  If you go to brush settings and select stamp, you can rotate the angle there.

Color wheel is very similar to square color picker with the slider set to hue.  Value is still represented on a single edge, but max saturation is not confined to a single point.

Nighternet

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:52:46 PM
Yes, you can rotate the brush pattern but not the clone brush image. And this is a very needed thing to create seamless and more random textures.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 11:06:10 AM
Nighternet - yes, but question was about brush, not clone tool.