Author Topic: Is the implementation of a path tool planned?  (Read 2808 times)

Sh4rp

Is the implementation of a path tool planned?
on: August 24, 2018, 12:05:02 PM
Hey fellas,

as the title suggests, I was wondering if an implementation of a path tool is planned for a future update? I'm really curious to try out the software but the similarities to procreate are still too big to make the change. I love the design of the interface and the layer management a lot. The missing path tool is the only thing that's really holding me back since also the lasso selection (as seen in a video review) is not as refined as in procreate. I got a copy of Affinity but the performance is not good enough and I'm not a big fan of the interface either. Artstudio seems to be right in the middle and I'd love to give it a try if a future update is adding more functionality on making selections.

Greets

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Is the implementation of a path tool planned?
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 03:36:51 AM
We will add it probably next year. Together with some vector tools.

fernsie

Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 10:51:59 PM
I would also love to see Vector Pen tools implemented. As the OP has said, the interface in Affinty Photo is terrible - Art Studio Pro has a far superior UI. This is my favourite iOS photo editing app but i keep having to go back to AP to use features that ASP lacks, like Vector paths and macros (actions).

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 05:22:23 PM
Vector tools need a lot of work, there are many more urgent features to add. Don't expect them in the first half of 2019.