Author Topic: Reference Image  (Read 5044 times)

Arley12

Reference Image
on: August 11, 2018, 10:22:15 AM
Hi,

Just one feature to be the perfect app (to me). I like to draw caricature so is important to have in the same screen little reference pictures of the character with different zoom that main work area, and is not an option split the screen with a photo app because I’m missing important space work.

ArtRage example

https://ibb.co/m2yhRU

Cheers
Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:44:46 AM by Arley12

Carlmig

Re: Reference Image
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 03:59:05 PM
What about add layer from photo and transform it to the position and zoom level you want.

bluefox

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 02:14:03 PM
You can also "copy image" from the browser and use "Paste" with an open canvas on the app

Ktoon

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 07:15:20 PM
I know what you mean... being able to put a photo off the canvas (onto the margins?) would be handy... I’ve done the “layer” thing and it’s not the same as to being able to reference as you draw...

rhymi

Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 09:39:53 PM
+1 simply pasting an image on the canvas takes away from the workspace and is annoying to keep repositioning so its not in the way. also it is destructive so resizing it smaller and later making it bigger, or moving it off the canvas just ruins the image.

theres no way to have two canvases open at once either

Arley12

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 01:45:10 PM
Hi,

If this is tough to implement I suggest an alternative using the "quick menu" option, the idea is to implement a new option to toggle between opened documents, one could be the reference.

Stigkristensen

Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 03:32:03 AM
I really miss this feature as well.
Putting the reference on a layer just isn't flexible enough, and iOS for whatever reason doesn't have a PiP image viewer (for anyone needing to use a video still as reference you can just use the PiP functionality and pause the video :-)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 01:02:50 PM
There is no such option, we will cosider adding that later.
Currently you can use PIP video - you can use Screen Video Recording created in Artstudio to quickly transform image to video.

You can also use Split view on iPad.

Arley12

Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 10:21:33 PM
You can’t imagine how useful is this when you are drawing. This is my favorite feature in Infinite Painter, also the possibility to have another reference that shows you the complete canvas. Check this:

https://m.imgur.com/a/qZnyGcG
Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:23:27 PM by Arley12

Bulotron

Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 04:19:09 AM
I second this, it would be amazing to have this feature in the future