As huge fan of Art Studio, I have only grudgingly started using AS Pro. While it has undoubted advantages (see below), it unfortunately lacks several important features of the original. Developer feedback would be appreciated, particularly if I have missed the new locations of old features I am seeking.
1. It seems only 20 undo's are allowed, in contrast to an unlimited number. UH OH! Bad news. Undo's also have odd, seemingly pointless pop-out option, redo's tricky, screen must be tapped just right.
2. The terrific move/scale/rotate option has been replaced with clunky move option plus, found elsewhere, scale or rotate options, terrible, takes long time to accomplish what original tool did with just a pinch. THIS NEEDS FIXING URGENTLY.
3. A copied and pasted selection is not in the same place in the new layer. Seems obvious bug here.
4. Alpha lock now takes two steps on layers drop-down, whereas previously just one. Huh? Dumb.
5. It'd be nice to have a custom default for new image sizes.
That said, I will persist with ASP because of much greater number of layers for given resolution / lots more brushes and palettes / easy coordination with iCloud / ability to feather selections. This new app also has a ton of detailed innovations that are clearly pleasing finicky users (see forum, etc.) BUT IT ALSO NEEDS TO GO BACK TO A FEW VITAL BASICS OF THE ORIGINAL ART STUDIO AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.