Author Topic: Bucket tool switches color while in use (to eyedropped color?) — weird behaviour  (Read 1890 times)

cygaj

I'm sorry I haven't really searched harder than I did for this on the forum. I don't really know how to describe concisely so I have problems searching for it. It's a really bizarre behavior and I have no idea whether it's a bug, a hardware problem on my end, or I have some setting switched on that I don't understand and it causes this.

Anyway, it goes like this:

I have a reference layer with a line drawing on top of the stack. Under it I have a pixel layer that I have flooded with a solid color previously and now I'm trying to block in with flats based on that line drawing above

This happens frustratingly often:
1. I click with bucket on area
2. for split second it changes to desired color
3. it changes back to the color it was previously (the color I flooded whole layer with)
4. in color panel it shows that the color I selected is now set as the background color and the foreground color is the color the layer is flooded with / the one that the area just changed back to

So if it's like if when I click it flooded the area, and then immediately switched background and foreground colors with each other, while having eyedropped the area before it flooded it with new color, and then flooded it back again with color it just eyedropped… I have no clue how to describe it, I really don't understand it… And it's really frustrating because I need to reselect the color to try clicking again

I hope I'm giving enough details to make it make any sense…

Anyway, I'm on ipad pro 11-inch 2nd gen, ipados 15.6.1. settings screenshots below. I'm in pencil only mode btw
Artstudio Pro Version 4.1.6 (850)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/frfkkh66pp712hp/AADGF0s0iPH-6tfAYJcaEvuma?dl=0 (there's more screenshots under the link than I could add attachments)

PS. This should be under the "Help" forum for sure. I didn't notice it and clicked on one with "bugs" in title while not knowing if it's a bug. But I can't move the post myself
Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 10:10:15 AM by cygaj

Bbolger

I have experienced the same behavior occasionally