Author Topic: Apply adjustment layers  (Read 1682 times)

athebyne

Apply adjustment layers
on: March 03, 2022, 12:07:11 PM
Hi!!
I recently found a script for Photoshop that allows you to apply adjustment layers to all layers without merging them. This is quite annoying when you have for example 20 layers with transparency and 6 adjustment layers above. Now I have to copy, clip and finally merge them.... With every single one of them. It takes so much time... Sure, I can keep them but the more there are the more impact they have on application performance. Especially annoying is slow color sampling. And I love the adjustment layers and if I didn't merge them, I could end up with 30. Is there any small possibility to add an option that will automatically apply the effect from the adjustment layers while preserving blending modes and respecting masks/clipping? ^^ This could greatly improve workflow and layer management/performance.

If anyone is interested, this is the script I found. It is free: https://mikemccain.gumroad.com/l/qavGs

Pikachu

Re: Apply adjustment layers
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 07:24:44 AM
+1 this wholeheartedly.
Like you said, I'm not sure if I'm missing some kind of feature but it seems that there's no way to quickly adjust multiple specific layers at once without making an adjustment layer, duplicating it for every layer, clipping mask and then merging with each one which takes a rather long time.
It seems like the script you linked also allows for applying the adjustment layer only for selected layers, so it would solve this problem as well!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Apply adjustment layers
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 08:51:56 AM
There is no automatic method to do that.
But you can do it like this:

1. Select base layer and all adjustment layers
2. Tap Edit > Copy Special > Copy Without Trim
3. Tap Edite Paste
You can the delete original base layer