Author Topic: Next Major Update Question  (Read 9399 times)

artstudio

Re: Next Major Update Question
Reply #30 on: May 19, 2022, 02:19:04 PM
Since procreate never implements requested features (adjustment layers is still not there in Procreate which is lame) so an audio track could be a big opportunity for Art Studio pro. You could write on your app store page something like...

Art Studio pro, the best digital art app on iOS now with animation feature and an audio track. Yes, you heard it right, an audio track to sync your animations.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #31 on: May 25, 2022, 03:00:13 AM
Yeah, it would be really cool!
But using a dedicated video editor is probably the best way to go.
Luma Fusion is cheap and easy to use as an example.

Users with 2,4, and 6 GB of RAM will probably end up using virtual memory. And everything slows down to a crawl.
Original animation drawings, animation cache and then adding audio files to the mix will be problematic to fit into physical memory.
An iPad with 8-16GB ram will probably work. But personally, I can't afford one and I guess it's not only me.  :)

artstudio

Reply #32 on: May 25, 2022, 05:24:33 AM
Yeah, it would be really cool!
But using a dedicated video editor is probably the best way to go.
Luma Fusion is cheap and easy to use as an example.

Users with 2,4, and 6 GB of RAM will probably end up using virtual memory. And everything slows down to a crawl.
Original animation drawings, animation cache and then adding audio files to the mix will be problematic to fit into physical memory.
An iPad with 8-16GB ram will probably work. But personally, I can't afford one and I guess it's not only me.  :)

The audio track is not for post production or sound effects. It is there to sync the animation with the audio. Art studio pro can impose any limit on the size of the audio file such as, there will be just one audio track of xyz duration, the audio file must be below 5 MB or below 128 kbps or even lower. That doesn't matter. The audio needs not to exported with the animation either. It is there just to create animations in sync with the audio or voiceovers. High quality audio or sound effects can be added in video editors once the animation is ready. I have Luma fusion it does not even support keyframe easing. The feature is under Beta testing for the last one year with no release date so far. 

LCArt

Reply #33 on: May 26, 2022, 01:22:15 AM
Check this app for reference luckyclan, https://mooltik.app has animation groups (scenes) and audio track, i mean, the audio track does not show the waves so is not super easy to sync things but even an implementation like that is really helpful. App is free if you wanna get ideas from it :]

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #34 on: May 26, 2022, 07:01:07 AM
We will consider adding audio track in future versions...

Andreas Raninger

Reply #35 on: May 27, 2022, 02:27:32 AM
Awesome! :)
iPad M1 16GB here I go.  ;)

artstudio

Reply #36 on: May 27, 2022, 02:49:25 AM
We will consider adding audio track in future versions...
That’s great. Thank you for considering this. You always listen to what your users want.  :) :)