Author Topic: Last beta color pick settings bad decision  (Read 2761 times)

lastaccess

Last beta color pick settings bad decision
on: December 24, 2021, 09:32:09 AM
Long press delay from apple pencil settings is removed. So you can’t color pick now with long pencil press. You have to enable color pick with finger. And now you can color pick with finger and pencil in pencil only mode. If I use only pencil mode, I don’t want any finger actions in it. Now I accidentally color pick with palm touches. Very frustrating!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Last beta color pick settings bad decision
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 11:12:52 AM
We will add "Allow Long Press Eyedropper" in Preferences > Apple Pencil.

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 01:59:34 PM
This is nice, it allows you to use the finger eyedropper without having the pencil eyedropper active. That’s how I like to do it, even in pencil only mode. However, I couldn’t figure out a way to set things up so that it was only the pencil long press eyedropper, with finger eyedropper disabled. Which I think is what lastaccess was hoping to still be able to do here. Maybe I missed something, but I don’t think it’s possible right now.

This used to be possible, when there was simply a delay time for finger, and a delay time for pencil. Despite it being a bit unclearly labeled, it allowed every use case to be possible with only two parameters.

What if there were simply two parameters under the Long Press Delay [Seconds] subsection of Preferences>Gestures, “Finger Eyedropper (0 - Disabled)” and “Pencil Eyedropper (0 - Disabled)”. It would be similar to how it used to be in that all the use cases would be possible, but the parameters would all be next to each other and more clearly labeled, which would make it more understandable. It would remove the need for the newly added Allow Long Press Eyedropper in Prefs>Apple Pencil, too. I think this would finally satisfy everyone.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 03:18:36 PM
It's true,  disabling it for finger is not possible in current version. We will try to find one more solution in the next beta. Maybe the old good Pencil Eyedropper Delay / Finger Eyedropper Delay is the best solution...

This is nice, it allows you to use the finger eyedropper without having the pencil eyedropper active. That’s how I like to do it, even in pencil only mode. However, I couldn’t figure out a way to set things up so that it was only the pencil long press eyedropper, with finger eyedropper disabled. Which I think is what lastaccess was hoping to still be able to do here. Maybe I missed something, but I don’t think it’s possible right now.

This used to be possible, when there was simply a delay time for finger, and a delay time for pencil. Despite it being a bit unclearly labeled, it allowed every use case to be possible with only two parameters.

What if there were simply two parameters under the Long Press Delay [Seconds] subsection of Preferences>Gestures, “Finger Eyedropper (0 - Disabled)” and “Pencil Eyedropper (0 - Disabled)”. It would be similar to how it used to be in that all the use cases would be possible, but the parameters would all be next to each other and more clearly labeled, which would make it more understandable. It would remove the need for the newly added Allow Long Press Eyedropper in Prefs>Apple Pencil, too. I think this would finally satisfy everyone.

lastaccess

Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 05:07:29 PM
Previous two settings for pencil and finger was just fine. It wasn’t confusing, because it was in different sections.

When I draw I quite often slightly touch screen with the middle of little finger and it registers as a color pick. I guess everybody hold his hand differently, that’s why what is ok for the one is not suits for another.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 08:50:43 AM
It will be fixed in new beta

lastaccess

Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 03:35:12 PM
Beta 749

Thanks. That’s much better.

And thanks for light theme for gallery. Big relief for eyes.