Author Topic: Suggestion : "Nudge" mode for Paint sidebar  (Read 6512 times)

artstudio

Re: Suggestion : "Nudge" mode for Paint sidebar
Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 12:29:08 PM
Hi! feel free to use this feature when you're in the reply page!

and I feel like making a new thread if you want to talk about the three dots toolbar would be preferable to keep the thread on topic! ✨

I used this option but the image is not appearing in the replies and of course I will use a new thread for the 3 dot suggestions.

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 12:58:37 PM
Thanks for your discussion.

Actually sidebar width is 32 for paiting tools, and 50 for other.
I made a quick test and set it to 44 for everything, and i think i like it! "44" is very universal value, it is size suggested by apple, and we also use it as top toolbar height and in many other places.  I will release "width 44" in the next beta.
There is one small disadvantage - it shows less items when using "Swatches" mode (View > Colors Sidebar > Swatches)

Screenshots attached.

The majority of people here suggested for the sidebar to stay as small as possible when painting, so I definitely think it should stay at 32 width, it does look a lot better when it's thinner... Even for the top toolbar, most people would probably prefer to go back to it's previous thinner size, which is not possible right now due to the 3 dots.
Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 01:02:41 PM by icezimy

alfanders

Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 02:50:06 PM
Hi! feel free to use this feature when you're in the reply page!

and I feel like making a new thread if you want to talk about the three dots toolbar would be preferable to keep the thread on topic! ✨

I used this option but the image is not appearing in the replies and of course I will use a new thread for the 3 dot suggestions.

if you want the image to appear on the text, you can use this option ✨

--

Thanks for your discussion.

Actually sidebar width is 32 for paiting tools, and 50 for other.
I made a quick test and set it to 44 for everything, and i think i like it! "44" is very universal value, it is size suggested by apple, and we also use it as top toolbar height and in many other places.  I will release "width 44" in the next beta.
There is one small disadvantage - it shows less items when using "Swatches" mode (View > Colors Sidebar > Swatches)

Screenshots attached.

The majority of people here suggested for the sidebar to stay as small as possible when painting, so I definitely think it should stay at 32 width, it does look a lot better when it's thinner... Even for the top toolbar, most people would probably prefer to go back to it's previous thinner size, which is not possible right now due to the 3 dots.

both option works for me as long as the active area got increased 💖✨

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 05:42:08 AM
Active area was increased a bit weeks ago in the App Store version.

It seems increasing sidebar width is not the good idea, maybe it should be redesigned from scratch...
I will publish version with increased width in new beta so you can test it. But then i will probably go back to original width .

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 03:01:58 PM

It seems increasing sidebar width is not the good idea, maybe it should be redesigned from scratch...
I will publish version with increased width in new beta so you can test it. But then i will probably go back to original width .

I tested it out, and I like the width for all the other tools now. But for the main painting area, so brush/eraser/smudge/wet brush tools, I still definitely like thinner version better.

Pikachu

Reply #20 on: April 30, 2022, 01:20:51 AM
After looking at the beta, I figured I'd give my vote to the thinner sidebar, whatever it may be worth  :P

alfanders

Reply #21 on: April 30, 2022, 02:39:11 AM
Since we're voting anyway, I'd vote for the current wider sidebar since I feel like the UI looks better overall. And it feels consistent with other tools making it look more polished. Thanks! ✨

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #22 on: June 01, 2022, 07:40:51 PM

Any update of when it will go back to previous width?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #23 on: June 10, 2022, 06:06:00 AM
We will leave current (wider) sidebar.