I tried it now too and the first impression is awesome! I love that you can change the accent color, I’m really happy my suggestion was taken!
it gives the whole app a new feel and all the small UI improvements also make the app look even better than before. I like the system integrated gallery too, it will make exporting, moving files etc much easier!
Anyway there are a few things I’ve noticed while using it so far.
Bugs and possible changes:
- snapping lines to perspective grid doesn’t work
- “cursor shape” shows up 2 times in settings preferences>interface and the top one isn’t clickable (screenshot is attached)
- autoshape circle and ovals don’t have expected size, the circles and ovals always “snap” way smaller than what was drawn (video attached) in the video to demonstrate i made a rectangle and inside it a circle touching the edges, so you would expect the circle to be roughly that size but instead it’s much smaller and inside the rectangle
- autoshape should NOT snap into perfect shape, unless you press down with second finger
- sometimes (~40% of time) when making a rectangle with autoshape, it switches into an oval instead, even if I made really clear edges
- all the other things here that were already mention about autoshape
- quick menu size is too big now (for small hands like mine) So it would be good to have an option to choose the size yourself
- deleting a color swatch via long pressing is not working (for some reason this opens the App gallery?)
- I think “gutter” setting from guide layout should be set to 0 by default, instead of 10
-crash when trying to play timelapse recording
Suggested features to add:
- Add option to “clear layer” in preferences > gestures. So for example you could set 3 finger swipe or tap to clear layer
- Already mentioned that one but gonna say again, I think being able to add perspective grid and guide settings to shortcut menu and toolbar would be really useful and also the option to change line thickness and opacity of perspective grid
- I think it would make sense that while you’re in “guide settings” you can add guidelines and move and delete the guidelines. So you don’t have to exit this setting and use “ show ruler” to add and “move tool” to remove or move a guide.
And auto hide 3 dots and home indicator is great but I think the time it takes to “hide” should be less, if that is something you can change.
And also it gets triggered every time you use “single tap” even on the middle of the the screen (to which I have set quick menu). So it keeps constantly showing up anyway and you would have to wait after every tap for it to disappear again. So if there’s an option for it to disappear, even if you keep drawing directly after tapping and don’t have to wait, or if the time for it to disappear could be set really really short, that would solve it I think. Otherwise it would still be on screen all the time, since I think its unrealistic that you wait so long after every “single tap”. (Also included a video with random scribbles to show that the 3dots and indicator won’t disappear if you continue drawing right after single tapping)
That’s all so far, hope it helps!
Thank you so much for the great development of this app!
Edit: tested on M1 iPad Pro 12.9 (512GB) and also attached screenshot of the document settings