Author Topic: 3.3 Question  (Read 5280 times)

ggermain1

3.3 Question
on: September 16, 2021, 06:12:17 PM
Is 3.3 still scheduled to be released either this month or next month? Or will it be scheduled at a much later date? I love this app and can't wait to see what you guys develop  :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: 3.3 Question
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 04:14:29 AM
October or November. We still have a lot of work to replace our Gallery with iOS Document Browser (like in Pages).

lastaccess

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 07:36:59 AM
What else should be in 3.3? Quick Shapes?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 08:18:50 AM
Yes, there will be autoshape, and also Bloom filter, option to change orange accent color, layer align, Guide Layout, Sample Size in Eyedropper, improved CMYK support.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 10:25:31 AM
Splitting atoms, real fusion, lanscapes to cityscapes conversion, detection of alien presence, cure for cancer and so on....  ;)

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 03:14:46 PM
Yes, there will be autoshape, and also Bloom filter, option to change orange accent color, layer align, Guide Layout, Sample Size in Eyedropper, improved CMYK support.

ooo layer align! Awesome. Can you tell us anything about how autoshape will work? In other apps I've usually found that I'd rather it be disabled, I hope there's an option for that. Also hoping it doesn't replace the drawing modes! Love those!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 04:35:19 PM
Im not sure if i should leave other drawing modes…

Ben

Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 04:21:00 AM
Im not sure if i should leave other drawing modes…

Drawing modes are better than autoshape when you need to draw a lot of shapes after each other, because it’s slow when you have to wait for the autoshape to snap into the shape you need over and over again. (Imagine drawing a lot of boxes in different perspectives using the autoshape VS the line drawing tool  :o) I am not sure if you would need that for rectangle or circle, but I definitely need the line drawing mode to draw with only straight lines. I remember how annoying it was in procreate to draw with straight lines using their quick shape and moved to sketchbook pro for line drawings just because they had a line drawing tool. I don’t need it often anymore, but that is one reason to keep it in addition to the autoshape
Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 04:24:14 AM by Jack Ofalltrades

Bbolger

Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 05:06:20 AM
Drawing modes should stay imho, like Jack said there are scenarios where this feature can’t be replaced with autoshape

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 06:11:34 AM
Ok, thanks for your feedback

LCArt

Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 01:07:34 PM

What do you mean by guide layout? :o

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 05:06:26 PM
Guide layout - for example add 10 guidelines, from left to right, equally distributed

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 03:12:35 AM
I completely agree with the above comments explaining the utility of the drawing modes, I appreciate people chiming in on that! I love to do hatching with the line mode, which is literally drawing tons of short lines super fast. Quickshape just isn’t made for doing that. They both have different uses, and the fact that art studio has drawing modes is one of the reasons why I prefer this app over the rest.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 04:44:03 AM
Thanks for your replies. I will leave Drawing Modes, and just replace Freehand & Line with Autoshape

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #14 on: October 01, 2021, 12:40:25 PM
Can't wait for the release! 😁