Author Topic: Gallery thumbnails turn into a question mark icon? How to get previews back?  (Read 2981 times)

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
I’ve found that sometimes the thumbnail icons in the gallery can be lost and replaced with a question mark icon. It seems like this is related to the image being on iCloud but not currently downloaded to the device you are on. The only way I know of to get a proper preview image back is to open the image, which starts it downloading on the device. I currently see many of these missing icons and it’s kind of daunting to think of having to open each one individually to get the thumbnails back. Is it a bug that these missing icons persist, or is there a way to get art studio to refresh all the icons and get the ones from iCloud?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Thumbnails are managed by iOS, it probably decided to remove thumbnails from some old documents for some reason.
The only way is to download the document.
You may also try this: open Files app, and go to Artstudio Pro folder (in iCloud Drive or On My iPad)

mattnava

• Matt Nava Portfolio
Opening the folder in the files app refreshed the thumbnails all at once which carried over to art studio pro. Thanks!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
We will soon switch from custom gallery into system Document Browser, so the issue will be solved then.

mattnava

• Matt Nava Portfolio
Cant wait. Thank you!