Author Topic: Bug: the “favourites” palette doesn’t appear on top of other panels  (Read 3154 times)

SamNArt

If it was behind other palettes and you click its icon (star) on the toolbar. This doesn’t bring it to the front, unlike other palettes.

Dorothyfan1

If it was behind other palettes and you click its icon (star) on the toolbar. This doesn’t bring it to the front, unlike other palettes.

Confirmed. However, I notice that if you DOUBLE tap the star icon it does come to the front. But you’re only supposed to click it ONCE for the toolbar to appear at all. It doesn’t come to the front when it’s already behind other palettes. This is correct and this appears to be a bug. The workaround is to tap the star icon TWICE to get it to the front of the other palettes. But I suspect this is not the intended action when clicking on the star icon to begin with.

SamNArt

Oh, thanks, I tried and actually after the double tap the first time, it works with one tap. :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
I cannot reproduce that, could you send me a video showing this issue?

Dorothyfan1

Here it is.

Dorothyfan1

It seems this bug affects the other palettes as well. I’m noticing it happens with the color palette too. That video proves it.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Thanks for the video, we are working on this now.

Dorothyfan1

Thanks for the video, we are working on this now.

That’s good. Can you give an estimate when we can expect this to get fixed? Like hopefully sometime this weekend, perhaps?
Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 05:31:20 AM by Dorothyfan1

Dorothyfan1

Latest update released today did NOT fix this bug. It’s still there. Earth to ASP please fix this problem.Now I understand the problem though. Apparently ASP programmed the floating toolbars to both appear AND disappear when you click the icons on the toolbar. The problem appears to be when you have a floating toolbar that covers the others and you click the button to the toolbar that’s now hidden causes THAT toolbar to CLOSE. Since the code only sees you can either open or close the floating toolbar when you repeatedly click the toolbar button doesn’t take into account toolbars that are currently open and HIDDEN from other toolbars. In this case the solution appears to be an option in settings to allow toolbars already open to gain precedence if there are toolbars in front of the panels. This way when you click the icon on the toolbar causes the floating panel to gain precedence over the floating toolbars blocking it from view.
Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 07:02:16 PM by Dorothyfan1

SamNArt

This bug is still not fixed in version 4.0 Beta

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
It will be fixed in the next minor update

SamNArt

Fixed. Thanks!   :)